Newbie Needing Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dane01

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post.I have been brewing for a few years now and have just upgraded my system to this. 101_1072.jpg101_1073.jpg[attachment=2
7606:101_1074.jpg]101_1075.jpg101_1076.jpg
At the moment I just have cold water running through the font which its keeping the beer very cold but would like to set it up so the font will ice up.I have no idea how to do it so I would love some suggestions what I need and how to set it up with out it running into thousands of dollars.Or its it one for a fridgie mechanic or someone in the know.
Anyone feedback would be great.
cheers Daneo

Attachments

• 101_1074.jpg
    101_1074.jpg
    65.1 KB
Dane

Nice bar there! Like the twin door ss underbench.
The simple answer is $1600+ for a glycol temprite and you'll have an iced font. By the look of it you only have the means for refridgeration and not freezing. Even with a 20lt bucket of glycol in a freezer with recirulation pump you will at best get it to sweat. If an iced font is what you want spend the $1600 plus on the right gear.

Cheers

Chappo

Dane

Nice bar there! Like the twin door ss underbench.
The simple answer is $1600+ for a glycol temprite and you'll have an iced font. By the look of it you only have the means for refridgeration and not freezing. Even with a 20lt bucket of glycol in a freezer with recirulation pump you will at best get it to sweat. If an iced font is what you want spend the $1600 plus on the right gear.

Cheers

Chappo
Thanks Chappo
I know of the Temprite systems,there are some selling on ebay for around the 6 to 700 mark.I don't know if there any good but I just thought that there may have been a better or cheaper system for my set up as I didn't realy need any cooling lines for my beer as it was already cooling in my fridge.
If thats the only way to get the iced effect then I will have to way up the cost factor.
cheers for your reply.

Thanks Chappo
I know of the Temprite systems,there are some selling on ebay for around the 6 to 700 mark.I don't know if there any good but I just thought that there may have been a better or cheaper system for my set up as I didn't realy need any cooling lines for my beer as it was already cooling in my fridge.
If thats the only way to get the iced effect then I will have to way up the cost factor.
cheers for your reply.

nice bar!!!! if the temprites on ebay are reliable brands and second hand they would probably be a good buy for 6 or 700 if they are chinese crap dont waste the money on them and put it towards the 1600 plus setup. I recommend that you check out ross at craftbrewer

how exactly do those temprites work? from what I read, you fill them with water and they freeze it quickly, like an ice bank to cool beverages. They also have a pump to pump coolant through a font to icing.

Is there seperate bits for coolant and water? OR is it only one or the other? ie, cool drinks on the fly, OR ice up a font?

Scroll up dude, craftbrewer is a site sponsor and Ross is the guru who runs it. There should be a banner/link up the top some where.

Back