New Mashing Set Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about those huge pics guys...

i think they must have expanded during the recent site upgrade - Anyway, better late than never, I've gone back & edited them :beer:

Ross - my water isn't as good as it used to be, it tastes different and they are putting more chlorine in it. Would filtering help? What gauge filter should I consider?

Wortgames said:
Ross - my water isn't as good as it used to be, it tastes different and they are putting more chlorine in it. Would filtering help? What gauge filter should I consider?
[post="52331"][/post]​
Acitvated carbon filters are the way to go for brewing water. They remove chlorine and also act as a particle filter. Best of both worlds

Hoops

Hoops said:
Wortgames said:
[post="52331"][/post]​
Acitvated carbon filters are the way to go for brewing water. They remove chlorine and also act as a particle filter. Best of both worlds

Hoops
[post="52337"][/post]​

just make sure you get the solid carbon filter, not the granular, as they tend to channel & are totally ineffectice....

Thanks guys, I'll look into that. It's a shame, when I moved into this place 3 years ago I remember being impressed with my tap water - it was excellent. I guess the drought has taken its toll...

Wortgames said:
Thanks guys, I'll look into that. It's a shame, when I moved into this place 3 years ago I remember being impressed with my tap water - it was excellent. I guess the drought has taken its toll...
[post="52357"][/post]​
Hi and welcome Wortgames.
WHat side of Melb are you in? I'm ln Richmond and all our water comes from the eastern resevoirs. I cant say I have noticed a difference in the water where I live.

cheeers
johnno

PS. Very nice pics of your system.

Hi Johnno, and thanks. I'm in the northern burbs, Heidelberg West. Just in the last 6 months or so I've become aware that my tap water isn't what it used to be. I drink quite a lot of water and usually carry a bottle with me. I can remember being quite excited when I moved in, the water was remarkably good, but I can now detect a 'dryness' or 'tannin' character which I can only assume is minerals from the bottom of the pond. I'm sure the chlorine has increased too.

Latest posts

Back