New Kegerator Pro

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian44

Reaction score
Damien. Firstly, GO THE EAGS!!

OK got that off my chest,

Seal kits are very easy to fit, You should probably get some food grade lube to help with the seals. Make sure you change the seals prior to use as the Dr. Pepper (or other) flavour will taint your beer. Its pretty hard to stuff up the re-seal process. When I got my kegs I pulled them all apart and had a look at how they are constructed and gave them a solid clean before re-sealing them. If you are buying them from Craftbrewer and you have any probs, simply call Ross, he is only too willing to guide you through any process involved in his products!

GO THE EAGS!!

Edit: on the subject of the gas bottle, im not sure if or where in Sydney you can get that filled. I simply rent a gas bottle from BOC gases (see your local BOC agent) and take it back when empty and swap and go. Costs about $11 a month I think to hire the gas bottle and about $50 to fill it up. They told me it would last a heavy drinker 6 months. Ive had it since november and its still 1/4 full, perhaps I need to harden the F*&# up!!

Definitely go the kegs from Craftbrewer, I bought the deal a few weeks ago and two now full. They are in very good nick and going on the stamps on the kegs, the lot I got originated from a soft drink filler in Kansas and a couple of them look as good as brand new. However I don't have a fridge set up yet, I've been humming and hah-ing about buying on Ebay as the deal seemed just a bit suspiciously cheap so your post is very timely. Questions:

• Did you pay via Paypal
  • How long did it take from ordering to delivery
  • What courier company
  • How much delivery did you end up paying
  • Did it arrive in good condition
  • Did they actually provide the double font or just a single
By the looks of it you'll just need to get quick disconnects and gas and beer lines, and a valve to stop the beer backing up into the regulator and stuffing it. All available from CB. I understand from other posters that the Chinese double font with the deal can be a bit tricky to set up and it's not the best, but the alternative is to spend over $200 on a font so you get what you pay for.

Looking forward to hearing how you got on as I'm about to order soon.

Cheers
:icon_cheers:

Thanks MattC ill definitely get some food grade lube. BTW we have some easy games over the next 5 weeks.

BribieG sorry i cant answer most of your questions as ive just won the auction and have not paid yet. The web site says $98 shiped to Sydney. Im sure itll come with a double font as stated.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the extra equipment ill need.

My brother has a curved door kegerator (tomahawk) also and hes very happy with it.

TYVM Damian

I just got an email from the seller informing me i need to get the gas bottle filled and if i want to use a keg that isn't a Heineken keg ill need to get new keg connectors.

What would be my best rout, get new connections for Cornelius kegs or try and find Heineken kegs?

Height is a worry also. The internal height of the fridge is 70cm and Cornelius kegs are 64cm high.

TYVM Damian

i purchased exatly the same unit but from another supplier and got the corny connectors supplied instead of the CUB coupler
they didnt seal properly and leaked both beer and gas everywhere.. get the CUB coupler and resell it on ebay . would be my choice and use the money to get some decent fittings from Ross or your local brew shop

Thanks Troopa. I gave Craft Brewer a ring and they said id need...

2 x Quick Disconnect Barb (Beer)
2 x Quick Disconnect MFL (Gas)
2 x Female Adaptor 1/4" FFL x 5/16" (8mm)
3 x Beer/Gas Line (Valpar - FlexMaster II)

All up $76. They also said the beer hoses on the Ebay kegerators usually come with thick beer lines, hence ill only need the Barb disconnects instead of the MFL.

If the beer line is thick will it slot onto the barb disconnect tight?

TYVM Damian

They get tighter if you put standard beer line on the disconnect barb, cut it off at the end of the barb, then put the big line on top of that, and clamp the whole lot.

No, I don't think they will. The line is 8mm ID, while the barbs are 6mm. Nothing that a hose clamp from Bunnings won't fix, but they certainly aren't tight...

The thick beer line should be 3/16" ID (4.8mm) from my experience, nowhere near 8mm - 8mm is far to large for beer line - Typically should be 4mm to 5mm.
The 6mm barbs fit nice & tight, but you can always add a clamp for security.
If the Kegerator Pro comes with 8mm ID lines, I'd be replumbing it.

cheers Ross

The thick beer line should be 3/16" ID (4.8mm) from my experience, nowhere near 8mm - 8mm is far to large for beer line - Typically should be 4mm to 5mm.
The 6mm barbs fit nice & tight, but you can always add a clamp for security.
If the Kegerator Pro comes with 8mm ID lines, I'd be replumbing it.

cheers Ross

I haven't got the kegerator pro, so just guessing here...

My Pinnacle kegerator came with 1m of 8mm ID line, and celli style knockoffs with flow adjusters. Pours fine thanks to the flow adjuster tap...

Latest posts

Back