Kegerator Series 3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making a fan for the font is worth the little time and effort it takes IMHO. I made mine up from an 80mm PC fan in a small jiffy box and ran 20mm flexible conduit from the box up the font. I used a 13.8V DC power supply and dropped the voltage to 13.0V via a pod adjustment on the power supply, it gives the fan a bit more oomph without overdoing it and killing the fan. I ran the cable out of the drain and mounted the power supply to the rear of the kegerator. The power supply is overkill but I have them lying around so it was a logical choice for me.

I left the part of the conduit that is in the fridge intact but from where it goes into the font tower, I cut a series of slits in it using my dremel and when I fed the conduit through the font, I rotated it so the the slits lined up with the beer lines so it was blowing cold air directly on the lines the whole way up the tower.

If I take the cap off the tower I can still feel the cold air coming out of the end of the conduit so the air is making it all of the way to the taps.

This setup gives a great result and the the top of the font around the cap and taps has condensation and water droplets around it. Nothing like a flooded font but I good sign that it is cold in there.
Ta mate, I might give this a go. Would have been nice if they'd just built the bloody thing right to start with, and mounted a little fan up there....

Latest posts

Back