New Keg System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budron

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm setting up my keg system over the next 2 weeks. I've read through the "balancing a draught system" wiki article and have worked out i'll need about 4m of line to get a nice tap pressure.
My question is, is it just 4m of line on the beer out side, or can this line include line from the regulator to the keg itself?
Seems like quite a bit of line for my small set-up, are there any work-arounds to this?

Cheers,

Budron

Start with 10ft of 4mm imo. That should be a good start and if you think it pours well but not fast enough you can shorten it a ft at at time till you are happy.

5mm is fine for the gas and easier to get onto barbs anyway. Just be sure to use clamps on all ends and check everything multiple times to eliminate leaks. You can get around it all by using celli taps but they are more exy but at least you can use a short length of line and adjust the pour on the tap itself.

Hey mate,

I just installed my 2 taps on Monday last week, used 3.5 mtrs of line for each tap and all is perfect.... :beerbang:

I used all these... Link, Link, Link and Link... All good gear and makes things right from the start...

And it doesnt matter about the Gas Line length..

:icon_cheers: CB

Beer side only for longer line as per other posts.

Start long then shorten until you find a good balance for your system.

If the long lines are not to your liking you can look into a flow restricting tap like a Celli which only requires a short beer line length.

2c.

Thanks guys, didnt buy celli's so i'll just do a bit of trial and error

Latest posts

Back