New Keg Setup - Dud Reguator ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk

Reaction score
hi all

just after some hints or pointers. i bought my regulator for my small keg setup and i think i might be doing something very wrong or something is broken.

i have a regulator that needs an alan-key to set the pressure. but the instructions are rather lacking.

is it clockwise to increase the setting or does it reduce the pressure??

and the next part of this question is, should the needle on the gauge move as i move the alan-key ?

its just that no matter which way i turn it the needle doesnt move and i'm not getting gas into the lines to dispense my beer.

i've checked for leaks with soapy water and check everything that i can think off. but no matter what i do the needle doesnt move and i'm paranoid about spraying beer all over the fridge :)

thanks for any help

hi all

just after some hints or pointers. i bought my regulator for my small keg setup and i think i might be doing something very wrong or something is broken.

i have a regulator that needs an alan-key to set the pressure. but the instructions are rather lacking.

is it clockwise to increase the setting or does it reduce the pressure??

and the next part of this question is, should the needle on the gauge move as i move the alan-key ?

its just that no matter which way i turn it the needle doesnt move and i'm not getting gas into the lines to dispense my beer.

i've checked for leaks with soapy water and check everything that i can think off. but no matter what i do the needle doesnt move and i'm paranoid about spraying beer all over the fridge :)

thanks for any help

Clockwise to increase pressure.
Yes the needle should go up as the pressure is increased.
Silly question, but is your cylinder full? If you are using a fire extiguisher, you will need to press the trigger.

i got a sodastream adaptor and a new bottle. i can vent gas from the bottle by itself and when i screw just the adaptor on. i get gas when i do either.

sounds like i might have a problem with the regulator :(

i got a sodastream adaptor and a new bottle. i can vent gas from the bottle by itself and when i screw just the adaptor on. i get gas when i do either.

sounds like i might have a problem with the regulator :(

How much are you moving the screw?

How many gages does it have? If you have 2 the high pressure gauge will not move until the bottle is nearly empty, as it is just the bottle pressure.

Does the needle move when you fit the bottle in the first place? If you are trying to reduce the pressure the low pressure gauge will not move until the pressure is released.

Might help if you can post a picture and the brand name, someone may have one the same.

dont know where you got your adaptor but I got mine from a melb supplier via fleabay and found that it was assembled wrong they had the depression pin facing the reg not the soda stream bottle if you fit the bottle to the reg with the reg screw fully turned out anticlockwise first you should hear the gas flowing into the reg and the highpressure gauge[the one on the sodastream bottle side] should show about 300kpa then screw in the reg til the other gauge starts to rise[you will feel a resistance as you screw it in]if you cant get a reading on the high gauge loosen off the adaptor to the reg and make sure there is gas coming through the adaptor
Russ

Hi again

the brand is tesuco and its a single gauge (fits in the fridge better)

so the big question is, should the needle move as i use the alan-key ? or will it only move when there is gas coming into it?

2yttkjn.jpg

it should only move when you have pressure in the outlet, that is it needs to be connected to your gas bottle and have something connected to the outlet (like a keg, or just blocked off)
The gage will not move unless there is pressure (above atmospheric) on the outlet side, it won't move with the Alan-key on its own i.e. with out gas.

well, a quick update.

it was a dud, took it back and they tried it on thier co2 and nothing. swapped it over and i now have a kegging system that works !!

only taken me about 2 yrs to get it done :lol:

thanks for all the replies and hints !

well, a quick update.

it was a dud, took it back and they tried it on thier co2 and nothing. swapped it over and i now have a kegging system that works !!

only taken me about 2 yrs to get it done :lol:

thanks for all the replies and hints !

Good thing you did not buy it on-line. Something to be said for buying local.

Latest posts

Back