New brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustybucket

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently started my first home brew, coopers pale ale kit with dextrose,malt and maltodextrin blend last Sunday.

Just thought I'd say hi. Struggling to keep myself from touching it, giving it another week to settle before bottling after bulk priming.

I'm already looking forward to my next brew, looking to try and make a golden ale JS style or one of the FWT kits.

Great info on here .

Anyway hi everyone.

Hello Rusty.

Welcome aboard.

Happy brewing and you will find lots of helpful advice on here ...along with a fair share tongue in cheek-ness.

grumpy

rustybucket said:
Hi all,
Recently started my first home brew, coopers pale ale kit with dextrose,malt and maltodextrin blend last Sunday.
Just thought I'd say hi. Struggling to keep myself from touching it, giving it another week to settle before bottling after bulk priming.
I'm already looking forward to my next brew, looking to try and make a golden ale JS style or one of the FWT kits.
Great info on here .
Anyway hi everyone.
You bulk primed and then left for a week? The yeast will eat that sugar, you will need to prime again prior to bottling

It's still in the primary fermenter, it's been a week. I'm going to leave it for another week at 20C then I'll bulk prime with 160g dextrose and bottle.

All this waiting is very hard, guess ill just have to drink some long necks in the mean time..

Hay mate, I found about 120g dex to be about the right carb level for one of those kits, aim for about 2.2 volumes, I found that above 140g to be a bit high in carb, standardish 23lt though..

Cheers

Thanks yob, I am hearing lots of conflicting info round level of dextrose for bulk priming for coopers APA. 120g through to 180g. Where 180g ends up giving you a bottle of coke fizz.

How'd you like the Cooper's Pale Ale Kit? Looking to try a new one, and I'm also a beginner. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back