Netscape Change

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
Well with all the who har i changed from netscape to firefox

wow what a diff

firefox seems easier and opens some areas i couldn't get too before

including Docs clac's would never open in netscape but not a problem for firefox

have you changed and what do you think?

Been on firefox for a while , lets face it you can't survive with internet explorers continual crashes. Heaps of good plugins for firefox (IE in a tab is a good one if you find a site that insists on IE to work properly)

Looking into Google's Chrome Browser at the moment, thats looking very nice too

Netscape... that's a blast from the past

A: We'll continue to release security patches for the current version of the browser, Netscape Navigator until February 1, 2008. After February 1, there will be no more active product support for Navigator 9, or any previous Netscape Navigator browser. This includes Netscape v1-v4.x, Netscape v6, Netscape v7 Suite, Netscape Browser v8, and Netscape Navigator/Messenger 9.

I thought they'd stopped support a long time before this

There's an addon called IE Tab that allows you to view pages in firefox through IE where you have to

Have been using a mozilla based browser here for a long time

Cheers

Opera is another excellent browser.

I tend to think it is even better than FireFox.....and blows IE into the weeds

Ive been using firefox for years now, since back when it was called firebird.

Love it, use it as my main browser on my main pc. only real plugins i use are session saver, adblock plus and Flashblock.

On my laptop (eeepc 901) i use google chrome, as it feels a little snappier, uses less screen real estate (i know there are plenty of plugins for firerfox to make the gui tiny, but i cbf with them :p) and running each tab as its own process works great, as the cpu is pretty low powered (atom 1.6ghz), but hyperthreading helps heaps.

I run Firefox and ie...the only reason I don't exclusively use Firefox is becuase it has defaulted to size=huge...icons, text, pictures etc are twce the size they need to be and as a result everything is heavily pixelated...no other program does this so I tend not to use it...

Anybody have any ideas what could have happened and/or how to fix the problem?

view --> zoom ?

shortcut is ctrl and +/-

or

ctrl <mousewheel up/down>

ctrl + 0 resets it

That only changes the size of the website data...not Firefoxes buttons/menus/icons etc...

for example, the AVG toolbar in ie is about 5-6 mm high, in firefox the same toolbar is nearly 15mm high...

Like Internet Explorer, Firefox features highly customizable toolbars. These can be altered to better suit your needs and reduce clutter. By default Firefox will display buttons as shown below:

image001.gif
By selecting View, Toolbars (or right clicking on a toolbar) you can select the toolbars you wish to have visible. The standard ones available are Navigation Toolbar and Bookmark Toolbar. Personally I disable (Untick) both.

Now select View, Toolbars, and Customize.

image002.gif
Toolbar buttons. The list here can be used to select buttons to Add to the toolbar. With the right-hand list you can re-arrange currently visible buttons or Remove unwanted ones.

Show. This option specifies how descriptive text for toolbar buttons is displayed (The text is indicated in the Toolbar buttons section):

• Icons and Text. This sets that descriptive text should be displayed beneath all toolbar buttons. Toolbar size is greatly increased when using this option.
image003.gif
  • Text. This sets that descriptive text only is displayed, e.g. Reload. This provides a vertically smaller toolbar.
image004.gif
  • Icons. This sets that no descriptive text is to be displayed. This provides the smallest toolbar and is recommended once you know what the buttons displayed do.
image005.gif
  • Use Small Icons. Tick this option to use smaller sized toolbar icons, as compared with the default (unticked) versions. The advantages/disadvantages of each size should be apparent enough.
image006.gif
Pressing Restore Default Set will restore the default installation options for the toolbar. Once finished, press the Done button. Pictured beneath is the current toolbar setup which I use, as you can see, its a lot smaller than the initial setup and contains only the buttons which I need.

image007.gif

I am a little bit sus with using Google Chrome, as it has some in-built advertising stuff that I am not keen on... :angry:

Thanks Quantock, that's got me halfway there :D

The icons in ie are about the same size as the ones you display above, after selecting "small icon", firefox's are still half as big again and still pixelated...but it is now usable :)

Latest posts

Back