Naming your home brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo6 said:
Better than calling it "The Rusty Fish Hook" I suppose!
Anyone who calls their brewery " the rusty trombone " will be questioned by me.

Mine is the Dog & Dozer Brewery. Always like the English pub names of two indiscriminate things (would have Cock'n'Bull but been done plenty of times), plus I like the English ales. Dozer is my footy nickname and my labrador (dog) hangs around whilst I brew.

i'd like to do an english pub type of label - pig's nose inn from east prawle (devon) is one. there's no north, west or south prawle, so i don't know why they bothered. slug and lettuce from islington, or world's end from finsbury park. ad infinitum, but great names.
bit like naming your own rock band.
hopping mad,,, moulting pidgeon ....

butisitart said:
i'd like to do an english pub type of label - pig's nose inn from east prawle (devon) is one. there's no north, west or south prawle, so i don't know why they bothered. slug and lettuce from islington, or world's end from finsbury park. ad infinitum, but great names.
bit like naming your own rock band.
hopping mad,,, moulting pidgeon ....
So what was the name then? (I've had a few) :chug:

Danscraftbeer said:
So what was the name then? (I've had a few) :chug:
i get more confused the more i think about it.
lonely pretzel, gob and smack, muttering fool's gold, loaded dog, tajikstan reserve.
depends on the mood. :icon_drool2:

In the shit brew shack !
Been there a few times.

village pig, gough's victory, viitamin B, delinquent farrier. i gotta go to bed.
actually - asahi is a pretty interesting one. asa = morning, hi = sun, so morning sun beer.
but the same kanji characters also go to asa = big, hi = mouth, so bigmouth beer.
depends on how many you've had as to which way you lean.

Railway Brewery, because I live next to a train line and it's my street name; probably also liked the industrial connotations of it and my brewing typically resembles a train wreck. Really should get around to designing a logo.

Anyway, I found this thread looking for a 'show us your labels' thread, does one exist?

Mine is called Tamarisk brewery because I lived on a street called Tamarisk Drive and walked along the Tamarisk creek most days for the last decade.

Now that I've moved I guess if I was going to change it on the same premise it would be Corhanwarrabul - hmm maybe not.

I've been calling my brewery "Peninsular Brewery" as I needed a name for Untapped when I used to use that. I lived in an apartment block up in Darwin called Peninsular Apartments so was easy enough to use. I have been promising to change the name but actually I might not bother. I quite like it.

Huntsman Brewing.
A kiwi mate of mine that did the stainless welding did a brew day with me and said you need to have a name. He lifted the lid on the mash tun before we started and a Huntsman as big as his hand crawled out.... both looked at each other and said "Huntsman Brewing" at the same time.

Back