Naming your home brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is the grog monster brewing co. Named by a mate while on a week long fishing trip. Pussys couldn't keep up.

Mine is Boab Brewery. It stands for Brew On A Balcony (I used to in the last rental we had). I like it because it makes reference to a native tree as well. Coincidently, those trees look a bit like bottles and can store a considerable amount of liquid (too bad the kegs don't seem to retain their liquid!)

Comrade Kitty.

Followed the usual craft idea of "something animal". Ie. Mountain goat, red duck, cheeky monkey, hop hog, brew dog etc etc :)

booker_h said:
Mine is Boab Brewery. It stands for Brew On A Balcony (I used to in the last rental we had). I like it because it makes reference to a native tree as well. Coincidently, those trees look a bit like bottles and can store a considerable amount of liquid (too bad the kegs don't seem to retain their liquid!)

Boab is Scottish slang for a penis.

Econwatson said:
Boab is Scottish slang for a penis.
That just makes the name better. Definitely.

I usually jokingly call mine the Sticky Floor Brewery. I know we all have brewday spills, but I'm pretty sure I lose an abnormal amount of wort.

Anyway, after a recent accident, I might have to officially name it the Sticky Ceiling Brewery.

Mines Back O Bourke Brewery as I live some where in the desert

squirt in the turns said:
Anyway, after a recent accident, I might have to officially name it the Sticky Ceiling Brewery.
Sounds like a fun night.

Mine is Red Dog Brewery, but now I sometimes call it Dead Dog Brewery.

I have lived on a farm for my whole life, so it was only natural that I name my brewery after the farm and steal the design of the farm sign. Here is the logo for Darnford Brewery

1097081_176350555877689_388265195_o.jpg

I name all of my beers after locations and farms in the surrounding valley. Here is my Spy Hill IPA in Pilsner Glasses which my beautiful SWMBO got made for me:

1146164_176115769234501_309988047_o.jpg

Mine is Dungeon O' Sponge Brewery.

My brewing area is in a storage area at the back of our garage, which is located on the bottom level of our apartment block and was often referred to as the dungeon, or sponges dungeon after we first moved in.

Sort've just became dungeon o' sponge after that..

The mrs got me this nice little sign made up for it for my birthday last year

The Liquid Lunch Brewery

Drink Lunch Today

For the past 4 years or so I was going to be calling mine Two Figs Brewery, with the catch phrase "Who gives Two Figs?". I was also going to have a fig leaf on the logo with a fig hanging out either side of the leaf... Like Adam would have looked when he met Eve...

It came from having, surprisingly, 2 fig trees out the front of our place.

But now everyone's calling their brewery Two something's, Birds, Brothers, testicles, if you get my drift. So what's to do? Do I change my name, even though I got in first, or do I say FTW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

browndog said:
I hope you are going to feature tartan.......
Hadn't thought of it.

But after some more research on the subject there is a brewery in the states called 'bay city brewing co.' so i may shelve the idea... for now.

Naming my brewery has been in the back of my mind for a while,when my old man died I thought I would name it Trysil after the district/ area he came from in Norway.
But it didn't catch with me.
After reading all the names and reasons for breweries in this topic I have decided to name mine the Odd drop.
When I brew I basically wing it,I chuck this in and that in etc.
My old mans name was/ is Odd,an old Norwegien name meaning point of sword or spear.
So the Odd Drop Brewery it is .
Now just have to have a play and bung it in my avatar.
Must get around to sorting a label for him as well .

Cheers... The Odd spog....:)

Ummm,how do I put my brewery name above my non existent pic.?

Had been thinking about this for a while, with options being the street name 'Nimbus', something to do with the kids (either name combos or something about anger), possibly something to do with my own sporting nicknames, but I have played a variety of sports for a variety of clubs so that's a bit tricky (i.e. most recent and current vs the longest).

Anyway, after a few drinks SWMBO and I settled on 'Hell Hath No Brewery'.

I assumed it must have been taken but some googling only picked up 'Hell hat no fury' by Bells...so I am claiming it.
Next, the logo, and I reckon I have a pic to form the background...

The_Door_to_Hell%20-%20Copy.jpg

spog said:
Naming my brewery has been in the back of my mind for a while,when my old man died I thought I would name it Trysil after the district/ area he came from in Norway.
But it didn't catch with me.
After reading all the names and reasons for breweries in this topic I have decided to name mine the Odd drop.
When I brew I basically wing it,I chuck this in and that in etc.
My old mans name was/ is Odd,an old Norwegien name meaning point of sword or spear.
So the Odd Drop Brewery it is .
Now just have to have a play and bung it in my avatar.
Must get around to sorting a label for him as well .

Cheers... The Odd spog.... :)
Nice tribute Spog and a fitting brewery name.

And it goes to show just how sacred the Odd Drop of Spog can be. :)

Our dog is a now 12 years old Pug, so I'm using Old Pug Brewery.

Will try and design a logo once we've moved from Port Macquarie to Newcastle sometime in March this year.

I call my HB operation "Arbutus Brewing" based on the tree. I loved them as a kid and they remind me of home :)

Latest posts

Back