Naming your home brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for sharing the bottle cap label website moosebeer. Looks good I'll have to put an order in soon!

Since you like bung so much Cocko I'll tell you the answer I got to that exact question: Just look at the person like you would if their eyes were normalforward like everyone else. Usually the bung eye focuses forward as if it was normalforward.

My brewery's named The Gander. I admire male geese. They're all peaceful and, ya know, birdy, but mess with their loved ones and they'll **** you right up.

Rammstyle Brewing.. Last name is Ramm and kinda sounds dirty so I like it ;)

The Mrs a while back said I needed a name for the brewery, my answer was Pete's Brewery. Not great, i know.

She fired back 'how about hills and hops homebrew?'

You win this round...

R.A.T.S Piss home brew! It's an acronym of my and my father-in-law's names.

I am still trying to make up my mind. I live in Ascot Vale in an area called "Whiskey Hill" because this area borders an old temperance (dry) are and therefore whisky was made to slip across into the dry area. So my thinking is either:

Whiskey Hill Brewing

or

Knights of the Vale Brewing (a reference from Game of Thrones).

Mine is Francis st brewery....because i live on Francis st...
I also have stickers, a hoodie , t-shirts and a coffee cup with my logo...

Mine is "Grumpy's Brewery"

I'm not particularly grumpy (most of the time) - but when my grandson was learning to talk he couldnt get Grandpa right and it came out as Grumpy. The name has stuck - and I kind of like it too.

I dont name all my brews - but a few have had the "Grumpy" theme.

Grumpy Fat Cow - Fat yak clone
Grumpy old Pom - an English bitter.

Swift Brewing Co.

The brewery has taken over half the garage where the Suzuki Swift once lived.

I've gone with Brick Top Brewery.

Named in honour of my favorite nasty character from the British gangster movie 'Snatch'

This is him : YouTube

Fighting Owl Brewery because the week I moved to Guildford West, the local rag had a story about the U/15s footy side getting into an all in bench clearing brawl.

Their logo is the Owl.

Serious question. Do you think I'd have trouble calling a commercial operation Fighting Owl Brewery? Can you use the word Fighting in relation to an alcohol producer?

My Shar Pei's name is Benson and he has a massive, swollen head. He's my best brewing buddy so I called my brewery FatDogHead.

As per my monica:
Bright Cloud Brewery
My wife's middle names are "Beng Hoon" - means "bright/clear cloud" in Hokkien.

I'd originally conceived a truckload of names for a brewery that all sounded cool at the time, then the next day sounded a little wanky. I also kinda figured that it might be better to have a slightly mundane name for the brewery & come up with lots of cool names for individual batches/beers. Bright Cloud also seemed to have a sufficiently abstract & positive edge to it. I just need to come up with a first "house beer" that's worth officially naming with something clever & edgy!

And i hoped that referencing the name to SWMBO might garner a few brownie points for when it comes to purchasing new brewing-critical bling...

I got told mine is called the drewery because my name is andrew and some people call me drew. I don't mind it (slightly witty, sounds OK)but I don't really care that much. More often referred to as the shed.

Doubleplugga Brewery, just like my user name. It just seemed like the Aussie thing to do and I am rarely in any other foot wear when not at work.

DSC_1030.JPG

Back