Myth Or Fact? Once Beer Is Cold It Should Stay Cold?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i did notice that after posting. and replying to a member that hasn't been online in a couple of years at that. i really should start taking more notice of what i do after a few beers.

BEERHOG said:
yeah cause the antarctic has record levels of sea ice? ohhh thats right global warming has long been debunked thats why they resort to a much easier to fool the sheep climate change moniker

manticle said:
Without wanting to delve too much into your climate scepticism, you are responding to a post from 8 years ago.
He sounds like one of the people responsible for a lunatic like Malcolm Roberts being in the Australian Senate

In relation to the actual original question: my experience is that, unless you're leaving your beer in a parked car in summer, there are much easier ways to wreck your beer.

If you can keep it cold. Even for years then that would be better but that's even hard to do in our modern times.
I have done a small amount of experimenting with aged bottle ferment conditioned and draught bottled from the keg.
Then aged, chilled versus non chilled.
The refrigerated versions are nicer but only by a small degree. Bottles I have kept in dark cupboards at whatever ambient temperature and then chilled for at least a week still keep well as for the captured brew etc. It does have more of that commercial character. That character that is from full conditioning then packaged, transported, time spent etc.

goatchop41 said:
He sounds like one of the people responsible for a lunatic like Malcolm Roberts being in the Australian Senate
and you my friend sound like a typical green voting communist that starts throwing abuse at anyone that doesn't share your opinion. and would you please explain how as a Victorian i am or could be responsible for a Queensland member of parliament being elected?

Hey I'm a green voting, non communist ex-victorian moderator who kindly requests that off topic banter about climate change remain not only civil but off topic (ie. Off topic section please).

Take it elsewhere, leave this topic about hot/cold beer.

Please.

Everyone.

Thanks

I get what you're saying manticle, but Clive Palmer.
..and back on topic, I find a serious deprivation in hop aroma when cycling kegs between room/chill temp. This is in comparison to a keg of the same batch which was lucky enough to not be subjected to such treatment.

Latest posts

Back