My Next Brew - an Imperial IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Nick. Have only ever done 1 stout in my life, which was a fail. Fingers crossed this one turns out ok. Cheers, Pete

The RIS Stout was opened for the first time yesterday and went down a treat. The bro-in-law really liked it, which was pleasing, as he is a big stout drinker. 1.5 carbonation drops was much better than 2 drops (we did half the batch with 2 drops and half with 1.5 drops). Attached is the label we did up.

Cheers,
Pete

Putin-On-The-Ritz-RIS-2016-2 (small).png

Gigantorus said:
Peek,
I rarely use labels to be honest. I bought a license to beer labelizer early on in my home brewing thinking I'd be using them. But really haven't. Just use one now and then as a bit of a joke with family (if I think up a crazy name or give a bottle for a birthday present and put their pic on label etc.).
When I do a label just use standard photocopy paper. I occasionally use some glossy picture paper (if I can find it in the drawer).
Cheers,
Pete
i do the same - paid beerlabeliser to get the full version (worth it for a measly $5), and use it to basically put a label and picture with all the other brew info for my website/blog. works well :)

Coldspace said:
Looks creamy as....
Its nice and thick. Its also quite fruity, which is probably the 3 packs of hops (90grams each).
Plan to do the same recipe again - but this time steep 100grams of espresso coffee beans in 150ml of Bundy Rum for 7 days - then pour the rummy coffee liquid into the FV 3 days before bottling.

Latest posts

Back