My Herms Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rieewoldt

Reaction score
May as well start a thread on my build.

I have posted a plan of sorts in the herms thread but I'll post it here too.

My Mrs took delivery of the vessels today, 62L pots from wayfair.com.au

I'm away at work atm so haven't had a chance to inspect them but she took some pics for me... Can't say I'm filled with confidence seeing what looks like a large imperfection where walls meet the bottom on the inside.

I'll start making the HLT this break and will update then, I'm still waiting for my cave to go up (8x5m shed) which is probably a month away so that gives me some time to concentrate on the brew rig.

1399016859053.jpg

1399017064244.jpg

1399017077863.jpg

Looking forward to updates.

Trying to plan out my upgrade now, I'm pretty sure I are a 3v herms in my future :p

StalkingWilbur said:
Looking forward to updates.

Trying to plan out my upgrade now, I'm pretty sure I are a 3v herms in my future :p
Yeah nice. I'm hanging to get stuck into it, hopefully smash out some beer worthy of bringing to a case swap!

The house for my brewery is nearing completion.

This break I'm planning on installing all the plumbing ready for the control box build. Cannot wait

1401074296334.jpg

Nearly finished the HLT on break. Went for 6m of copper 1/2 tube for the coil. I bought this 22mm tungsten carbide holesaw for cutting holes in the vessels, bit of lubrication and works like a charm.

1401883007273.jpg

1401883024343.jpg

Dude a word of advice - depending on your budget... that 3.6 kW heating element could be a ball breaker. It'll require it's own circuit in your house from the meter box (much like an air con unit would). You'll need a 20 Amp circuit which an electrician will charge you an arm and a leg to install (saves frying your 16 Amp circuit). I had to go for a 2.4kW element on a single circuit to save getting the circuit wired in.

Maybe you've got a plan for that - but that was my experience! good luck

Putrino said:
Dude a word of advice - depending on your budget... that 3.6 kW heating element could be a ball breaker. It'll require it's own circuit in your house from the meter box (much like an air con unit would). You'll need a 20 Amp circuit which an electrician will charge you an arm and a leg to install (saves frying your 16 Amp circuit). I had to go for a 2.4kW element on a single circuit to save getting the circuit wired in.

Maybe you've got a plan for that - but that was my experience! good luck
Yeah mate, all good, a sparky mate will be installing a 20a circuit.

Slow progress at the moment, scored a new job with a better roster so should have a bit more time.

1405697160494.jpg

1405697171799.jpg

1405697240250.jpg

Latest posts

Back