My Fridge Conversion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job! Looks great and I'm sure it will get a good working out up there.
I really have to get my arse in gear and setup a decent keg fridge this year to get back into a few AG kegs. Need something to show off to the fellow AHBers in Brisbane when they come round for a few beers!

Hoops

Your fridge looks great, i was going to have silver and black but i decided to do it a little differently...

DSC01181.JPG

thats pretty awesome scotty!

i was considering the Ford Falcon Blue color (not a ford fan btw) or the holden green or something like that... but decided to keep it simple..

That front of yours is only painted silver isnt it? mines aircraft grade stainless steel. HEHE

Also, i think your fridge is identical to mine too.. nice one. (i took my handles off, use the tap as a fridge handle)

Bummer thing is, i think the fridge is busted now..... the freezer stays at a nice temp keeping all the meat in there snap frozen, but the fridge is around 10deg... according to the jaycar fantastic plastic thermo anyway.

AshTreeBrewery said:
Just keg cleaner I use for my stainless kegs. Worked fine and I've used it for a few brews since. When it runs out of beer I keep it gased and in the fridge until i'm ready to use it again. Stays sealed so I only have to flush it out with clean water before refilling it with another brew. Saves alot of time cleaning.
Burchman82, was the 1 litre of paint just enough or plenty? I will probably be painting my fridge soon but its a bit bigger than that one so I want to get a good idea of how much paint to buy.

Thanks

1L was enough to have a small amount left over for touchups... However you gotta remember, it was going into a gun and we were using a compressor... so we were thinning it down gradually between coats... last coat was almost all thinners, thats how we got the real nice finish.

if your not using a gun, itd prob be like 3-4 cans id guess.

it all depends on how many coats your doing. just remember to prep the surface with scotchbrite and wax/grease remover, remembering to wipe all the chalk away... otherwise you get little fish-eyes and it just looks shit. We took most the day prepping and still got small stuffups where we missed.

BTW we did 3 coats. I think. If we had more paint probably would have done 5. Make sure you use enamel.

warb, are you still doing digital prints for fridges????

I've just got a big old kelvinator that could use a serious facelift ...

...been down the "paint a fridge road" too many times :wacko:

Looking for something quick'n'easy!

Back