My Family Car Stickers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Others are also now commenting: Article:

Summed it up nicely:

Often this species of driver is also sighted with those increasingly ubiquitous "My Family" montages on the back . . . OK, so you've got a partner, you've procreated more often than is probably healthy for the national gene pool and you have two dogs. What do you want, some sort of medal?

I liked this reader comment:

K of brisbane Posted at 12:17 PM Today

absolute gold - if i see one more ********* with those stupid my family stickers i think i may just reach out and strnagle them at the traffic lights!

:D

I wonder if K is female and if she'd like to go out for a drink with me

Migar??? is that you. I saw that earlier and had a quick scan for any of your sock puppets.

Yes, my normal sock puppets are Migar Roth of Caboolture (German immigrant who indignantly informs Australians of their shortcomings compared to the rest of the civilised world) and Worker of Bribie (who is equally indignant about supporting losers by his tax money)

:lol: :lol:

There have been different generations of fuckwitisms put on cars and I can almost list them historically.

Does anybody remember the 'REMEMBER TO BREATHE' stickers? They were either appealing to people so stupid that maybe they deserved to be removed from the gene pool anyway or women in labour and how many of them are driving themselves around town seeking medical advice from the car in front of them? At about the same time you would see, sometimes on the same car, 'I BELIEVE IN ANGELS' Congratulations on your beliefs mate.

Besides the family stick figures there is one at the moment that makes me chortle in my joy. 'AUSTRALIA, IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT, LEAVE!' The owner's of these cars are supporting something that I think is unAustralian. Every real Australian knows that if you don't love Australia it is your god given right to sit around and whinge about while not particularly doing anything about it!

How about 'AUSTRALIA, IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT HAVE A WHINGE. IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO LEAVE YOU PROBABLY HAVE A BETTER JOB THAN THE DRIVER OF THIS CAR' ?

IF YOU DON'T LOVE THE THIRD REICH VE HAV VAYS OF MAKING YOU LEAVE - PERMANENTLY

MAGIC HAPPENS!!!

"0 TO BITCH IN 2.5 SECONDS"

Usually slapped on the back hatch of a barina underneath the frangipani sticker.

I love the numb nut's that get a massive sound system put in their car, then put the complimentary sticker from the purchase on the back window, massive Pioneer sticker. And you wonder why the thing got fuckin' knicked? Dickhead

What about the 'shopping list' you see stuck on the doors of every second turbo (and more often non-turbo) import? Most times it seems to be a list of what brands are NOT installed in said car.

Cheers SJ

Remember those "Oakley" stickers that were probably illegal as they occupied about a third of the front windscreen. At one stage there was an amusing almost identical "Wankley" sticker doing the rounds.

And what about the ridiculous chrome decals on the back of 4wd s in particular announcing stuff such as "V6 Common Rail Turbo Intercooler". Do I look like a person who could seriously give a ****?

Found this in the inbox this morning.

With the title:

KIWI - My Family

IMG_0576.JPG

disclaimer: No offence to Kiwis.

Can't be offended now... cause i said "No offence"

What about the 'shopping list' you see stuck on the doors of every second turbo (and more often non-turbo) import? Most times it seems to be a list of what brands are NOT installed in said car.

Cheers SJ

How about this one instead??
140.jpg

Or this one for Bribie (linked due to epic picture size)

I am almost sure Birbie has a "Fugley- thermonuclear wanker" sticker or a "Malakia Cams"

'AUSTRALIA, IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT, LEAVE!' The owner's of these cars are supporting something that I think is unAustralian.

I couldn't agree more - nevermind the fact that it is just a lazy slogan taken from the USA and someone is making money from selling it (which I think is unethical but then I am 10,000 words into the problem of libertarian rights such as free speech on relational conceptions of autonomy which undermines claim-rights in the first place).

One of the things that makes countries like ours fantastic (well, relatively or proportionally fantastic - globally speaking [check out Egypt!]) is that instead of having to flee as a refugee, I am able to lobby, vote, campaign etc etc etc. It is precisely out of love for the country that we should strive to make it even better than it is already. "Love it or leave it" is for a very specific group of people that will eventually find themselves marginalised and wonder what happened after the paradigm shifts.

F*ck them.

"Australia, love it and continue to take an active interest in exposing weaknesses (both legal and ethical) and outdated modes of thinking (i.e. patriarchal Enlightenment -era reliance on impossible ideals of personhood) to ensure it is the best little bloody country it can be".

Although I acknowledge that the other side has a catchier slogan.

Oh, and coopers red is much nicer than I remember it being last time I tried it. That is all.

it's not just a slogan mate, it's a way of life.

Nup, don't get it. If you're seriously pro this bumper sticker as Lecterfan points out above apparently it's an American way of life.

Nup, don't get it. If you're seriously pro this bumper sticker as Lecterfan points out above apparently it's an American way of life.

apparently, according to who ?

since when have the Americans had the monopoly on patriotism ?

it's not about being 'pro bumper sticker' it's about the Anzac spirit being slowly eroded away and obviously, Nup, you don't get it.

Patriotism and Anzac spirit being eroded away, thank God that was explained to me.

Here I was thinking it was redneck rhetoric.

Standing corrected now. Where do I buy one of these patriotic stickers?

Latest posts

Back