Smash - The Bad Sort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
So the road I live on has been a 60 zone for about 3 years or more. It was previously pretty rural but has got more and more built up. Lots of steep driveways and kids with tricycles...recipe for disaster.

Fear not, this story doesn't have a kid in it.

I was halfway through an episode of the West Wing, doing my "workout" (trying to work up a sweat on a treadmill and not die)...in my undies (it is unseasonably hot and humid in Ballarat at the moment)...when I hear a trebley crash...then a few seconds later a f*cking huge SMASH outside my window. My dog (45 kg Am bulldog) went off her head assuming that the final war between cats and dogs had started...I jumped off the treddie and hunted for garments to hide my shame. In my minds eye I pictured a truck was speeding, went over a bump and had left 4 corny kegs, a fridge and all the other sundries right at the end of my driveway...undies or not I have enough tatts to claim that bounty from the neighbours!!!

Alas, an older gent was bent over the steering wheel in his falcon wagon, blood all over his face....the car pretty much written off. The falcon was fairly well wrapped around a lovely example of Eucalyptus obliqua. He was concious (but in heavy shock) and another neighbour had already called 000.

Anyway, the poor c*nt had to get cut out of the car by fire rescue and I have to wait on local news for his condition.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/ne...ll/2067121.aspx

This pic was after the car had pulled off the tree. If you zoom in to the top right of the pic behind the purple leafed tree you will see my hersburcker and cascade plants.

Not much of a post, not much of a news item compared to what's happening elsewhere, but it was enough to give me a bit of a shock.

realised the link might not work:

1101304.jpg

Local news is clogged with flash flooding from last night and a fatal car crash on the other side of town. I called the local police station...and it rang out!!!! I Shit you not. I called the emergency section of the local public hospital and after a few mins they advised he was transferred to Melbourne. He is not well but not critical is as much as they could give me.

Latest posts

Back