My All-grain Brewing Gallery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julez

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been mucking around with building my own website, trying to learn a thing or two about all things internet. Anyway, I put together a little photo gallery to document my brewing process, so I can show my mates what's involved. It's not too in-depth and extremely low-tech, but maybe good for any beginner AG brewers to check out. If anyone picks up any misinformation, let me know! Here it is http://www.julesworld.info/gallery/display...bum=1&pos=0 . The captions are only visible if you manually go through the images, not if you run the slideshow.

Cheers, Julian.

Hey, Julian,

congrats, looks really great! Very nice equipment! By the way, I have the same pH meter than you have.

What kinda beer was it on the pics?

Greets

Michael

Hey, Julian,

congrats, looks really great! Very nice equipment! By the way, I have the same pH meter than you have.

What kinda beer was it on the pics?

Greets

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for the compliments!

The beer was my own concoction, an ale made with 85% pale malt, 5% caramel wheat, 5% light crystal and 5% brown malt. It was a single infusion at 65 degrees C and hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Saaz. Will be interesting to see how it turns out :)

Great pics... I did something quite similar for my last brew-day, but yours is way more thorough! I forgot to take pics of a few steps. I'll post them once Telstra takes me off their traffic "shaping".

Good work! How do you find the false bottom? I have the same one on order at the moment.

great pics julez.

i have the same chiller. i use a hop bag to keep all the pellet gunk together, so it dosnt got hrough the chiller, im afraid it will block the plates.

how many brews have you done like that? do i have a phobia for n nothing?

lobo

cool work, julez B)

additionally, if you go into your profile here on AHB, you'll find a gallery tab where you can upload and categorise pics. kinda nice coz it keeps all your photos associated with your nick for other to locate, browse and so on.

but anyway, great work.

nice website mate - really good to see some pics of the theory I have been reading about on AG brewing - never really knew what channeling was til your pics helped.

how did you pump the iced water through the chiller? and is the wort gravity fed though it as well??

Thanks

Phillip

You should apply for sponsorship... cause I now want a chiller!! ;)

Good work mate. I think you have the web shite under control!

Can I have the recipe for the smoked chocolate porter?

Please? :rolleyes:

The pic of the trub after whirlpool is probably one of the more cone-like shots I have seen....this one has formed a nice, easily distinguishable cone, a lot of other pictures floating around are decidedly blob-like. ;)
Nice gallery for those contemplating the great leap forward to view. It combines well with how-to articles for those that need a bit of help visualising it all. good work, man.

Good work! How do you find the false bottom? I have the same one on order at the moment.

It's brilliant - I've used it for about 7 AG brews, including a 70% wheat hefe weizen and it's always been perfect. I've been getting very high efficiencies with it too, in the high 80s+. You won't be disappointed!

great pics julez.

i have the same chiller. i use a hop bag to keep all the pellet gunk together, so it dosnt got hrough the chiller, im afraid it will block the plates.

how many brews have you done like that? do i have a phobia for n nothing?

lobo

Yeah, I've been a bit worried about that. A bit of the gunk does get through. I flush the chiller out pretty thoroughly afterwards and so far all has been ok. I really want to try and figure out a better system though with some sort of hop screen. I also lose more wort than I would like to trub, so some sort of redesign is def. on the cards :)

cool work, julez B)

additionally, if you go into your profile here on AHB, you'll find a gallery tab where you can upload and categorise pics. kinda nice coz it keeps all your photos associated with your nick for other to locate, browse and so on.

but anyway, great work.

Good idea too reVox, I'll check that out!

nice website mate - really good to see some pics of the theory I have been reading about on AG brewing - never really knew what channeling was til your pics helped.

how did you pump the iced water through the chiller? and is the wort gravity fed though it as well??

Thanks

Phillip

Howdy Phillip, glad you got something out of it :)

I just use an aquarium pump to pump the iced water, got it from bunnings for $20 or so. I have a giant plastic tub, into which I chuck left over sanitizing solution and water from other parts of the brewing process. I recycle where possible! After a few weeks the water starts going pretty scungy though, so I eventually have to tip it on the garden.

Yep, the wort is gravity only. It's important to get the cold water going through at a higher rate than the wort flows in, to maximise the heat exchange effect.

Can I have the recipe for the smoked chocolate porter?

Please? :rolleyes:

No worries mate, I'll dig it up for you and PM you. Remind me if I forget, I'm just about to duck out for the arvo.

Cheers

The pic of the trub after whirlpool is probably one of the more cone-like shots I have seen....this one has formed a nice, easily distinguishable cone, a lot of other pictures floating around are decidedly blob-like. ;)
Nice gallery for those contemplating the great leap forward to view. It combines well with how-to articles for those that need a bit of help visualising it all. good work, man.

Thanks butters and cheers to everyone for all the feedback and questions!

Latest posts

Back