Murray's Experience At Taylors Arm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian ulrick

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I slipped down to Macksville for a wake. Thought while I'm here I might as well get out to the Arm and try a few of Murray's fine range of great brews. Firstly I dropped into the Star Hotel at Macksville. Could not see any of Murray's beers behind the counter so I opted for a quick stubbie of CSA, asked for a phone book and booked a Motel in behind the RSL. I unpacked then immediately headed straight out to the Arm. Always travel out there when I'm in the area (my old man had built a house and lived a few doors up from the pub around the 40s and 50s and I use to go to the country music festival there until it stopped :angry:).
First up I had the Nirvana Pale Ale and was very impressed (would be up there with the best of them in my book) then the Wheat Beer, Icon 2IPA then finished with a Grand Cru. I had a dedicated driver for the trip back so I grabbed a mixed 4 pack with a Sassy Blond, a Pilsner and a couple of Nirvana's for a taste back at the Motel. :icon_drunk:. All these beer styles where very tasty and I will be keeping an eye out for them here locally.
The wake was at the RSL the next day and I was disappointed that there was no Murray's and not even Coopers at all. I had to stumock drinking Tooheys New with my uneducated brother (in beer that is). I thought I was saved when we headed out to Scott's Head Bowlo for dinner but again on New. Is it so hard to stock a couple of your local brands and promote local business?.
To all heading through Macksville it is well worth the the quick trip out to Murray's (about 60kms round trip) to sample some great beer. I am now contemplating on going back soon :chug: .

Sorry about that. How can I get this into The Pub. Not to savvy on posting yet.

Back