Moving interstate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aces High

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on moving interstate. We're looking at moving from Perth WA to the Mid North Coast of NSW. (around Taree)

The reason I am trying to get advice is that the online container move companies are crap. I rang 3 yesterday and no one was available to discuss it, then none of them rang me back.

A month ago I emailed and called a few for quotes and got nothing for a week, then rang again comp and suddenly had quotes in 5 minutes.

Because of the large amount of brewing and general gear we have a container move seems like a good option. We're buying acreage, so a 40" container would make handy extra storage at the other end. I will self pack and unpack, so just want advice on good companies, the best options (road/rail) any ways to do it better / cheaper

The customer service quality of these companies is starting to make me pretty nervous. I can't even find anyone to talk to at these companies so get stuck with a receptionist that knows very little about the process..

Please help

Aces

I've moved international via container.
But it was the kind where you watch them pack and sign the form.

Maybe you should be ringing trucking companies, not moving companies ?

Buy the container plus a crap-load of boxes, pack it yourself, have it delivered, unpack it yourself.

My advice: Hire a skip bin while you're packing. Throw out all that crap you don't need. We saved moving 6 cubic metres of junk.
We didn't go far enough though, moved 7 years ago, moved back 5 years ago, still have alot of stuff in boxes.

Should I just throw it out? Maybe. But I might need that numerical analysis textbook soon, despite not needing it in the previous 20 years.

Mr Wibble said:
Buy the container plus a crap-load of boxes, pack it yourself, have it delivered, unpack it yourself.

This is what im thinking. Just need to find someone to do the delivering. Was thinking rail to Newcastle then self loading truck from there

Hi, a couple of months ago we moved from Perth to Melbourne. We had a 20ft container which was meant to be big enough for a 3 bedroom house. We pretty much filled it up.

They dropped it off on the verge out the front of our place on the Friday, we filled it over the weekend and they picked it up on the
Monday. We unpacked it in Melbourne 3 weeks later and everything was exactly as we had left it.

Latest posts

Back