Movies that get better every time you watch them. Yours?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full metal jacket needs to be added to my list.

@bum:

I am a fan of both house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects and have enjoyed watching them more than twice. Not on my top list of movies that 'just keep getting better' but they don't get any worse either.

I dislike Rob's music* but think he does a great job of pastiching 70s horror movies with a modern twist.

*Actually quite like the sound in the movies - it's white zombie and rob zombie for which I care not a whit.

Predator
Pulp Fiction
The exorcist (original with Linda Blair)
TheThing (original with Kurt Russell)

any movie with Melanie Jagger

manticle said:
@bum:

I am a fan of both house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects and have enjoyed watching them more than twice. Not on my top list of movies that 'just keep getting better' but they don't get any worse either.

I dislike Rob's music* but think he does a great job of pastiching 70s horror movies with a modern twist.

*Actually quite like the sound in the movies - it's white zombie and rob zombie for which I care not a whit.
I just feel like Devil's Rejects has the TCM vibe dialed up to 11. Was curious where you stood on it. Freebird is one of my favourite OST moments of all time.

woody0055 said:
Predator
Pulp Fiction
The exorcist (original with Linda Blair)
TheThing (original with Kurt Russell)

any movie with Melanie Jagger
Woody, I think you'll find the original The Thing was made in 1951, a little before Kurt's time.

Looking forward to Evil Dead 2 if the trailer is anything to go by,

You mean Evil Dead 1 3? Some bits do look awesome but the other bits...

Raimi is making Evil Dead 4 as well. The timeline on this series is all messed up.

browndog said:
Get a copy of "Cabin in the Woods".

Nice little subversive take on the genre. Plus, on-topic-ly, there's a whole bunch of little nods and pastiches in the background that you're certain to enjoy it more on subsequent viewings.

browndog said:
Woody, I think you'll find the original The Thing was made in 1951, a little before Kurt's time.

browndog said:

thanks doggie, i will see if i can track it down...maybe its better than the "not quite as original as i thought original"

One movie that never fails to amuse is Basketcase

The thing (carpenter)is inspired by/based on the thing from outer space but is far from a remake and can be viewed in its own light.

Great film (and I'm not a fan of carpenter).

Inglorious bastards
Oceans 11/12/13
The Bank Job
Snatch
Lock Stock and two smoking barrels
Transporter movies
Pulp Fiction
Crank - seriously WTF?

Oh and any Marx brothers films. My dad, my brother and I could waste weeks watching Marx brothers over and over. Not many films have the linguistics that compare

Edak said:
Aliens
Full Metal Jacket
Blade Runner

Those are my top 3.
We need to hang out :lol:

I have even setup (synced up) and watched 3 versions of Blade Runner (original with the horrible voice overs, directors and final cut) at once just to see all the differences.

Office Space - great p!ss take on office culture and evil corporations. Plus a young Jenn Aniston helps.

Pulp fiction
Mad max
Terminator
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Running on empty
Life of brian

raven19 said:
Office Space - great p!ss take on office culture and evil corporations. Plus a young Jenn Aniston helps.
I could create a shrine for that movie and worship it. Says more about first-wold-problems than anything since, or following.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spinal Tap.

So many great one liners and an all star cast.

Shawshank Redemption
Braveheart
LOTR
Star Wars (all of them)
Most Bond Films
Waiting.

Anything by Pixar. "The Incredibles" is honestly one of the best films ever made IMHO for many reasons. I've seen that movie many times and it really does get better every time I watch it.

Latest posts

Back