Movies that get better every time you watch them. Yours?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My selection is better on subsequent viewings as I know more of the song lyrics and can sing along more heartily than the previous time.

Kubric. U cant understand his genius the first time round on anything.
Cinderella man
Fifth element
Love actually (fkn flame suit on. Maybe just cause its one of my missus all time fav movies. Works for me).
Aliens
Gladiator
Matrix 1&2 (love 3 but ending blows)
Fight club
Life of brian (actually anything by the pythons boys).
Bad boy bubby
Usual suspects
Cruel intentions (Reece before she got anorexic).
Godfather2

Series.
Deadwood
Mrs browns boys. Maybe that's cause drinking wheb I watch it and its fkn hilarious. Not so much sober.

Bizier said:
Deadman.

Dispute this and I'll find and kill you.
Stupid ******* white man.

practicalfool said:
All great ones above many yesses to them. I'd admit to a chick flick, a lot like love.

One I've been trying to find again, Snips! (Bollywood English, 40ish minutes long).

Enemy at the gates still gets me. Munich. Fabulous men and their flying machines. Reservoir Dogs. Dil chahta hai. Speed.
enemy at the gates,forgot about that one,powerful flick ,must watch again...cheers..spog......

Wolfman said:
Mad max 1& 2

Once we're warriors

Dogs in space

Happy Gilmore

Trainspotting.
ahh,Mad Max .and so many bloody good aussie movies that go unoticed because they dont make a billion at the box office.looking forward to Wolf Creek 2, ..cheers...spog...

Also haven't watched in a while, but Adaptation.

I only recently watched Synecdoche New York, and I will definitely watch it again, it seems Kaufman is also a Lynch fan.

top gun, shawshank remption, the natural, and the Bourne films are always interesting every time cos I am still figuring ou who are the goodies and the badies

spog said:
ahh,Mad Max .and so many bloody good aussie movies that go unoticed because they dont make a billion at the box office.looking forward to Wolf Creek 2, ..cheers...spog...
running on empty was another good aussie movie with some classic cars too.still waiting for a sequel.

Bribie G said:
I should also add Independence Day, but unfortunately I can't watch it (or Jodie Foster's Contact etc) any more without getting it confused with "Mars Attacks".

Mars Attacks has a lot to answer for :huh:
Gack, gack gack...gack

I nominated Donnie Darko as one of mine. A bloke as dumb as me has to watch it more than once just to get it :D

I find a bit more in it over a few viewings.

punkin said:
I nominated Donnie Darko as one of mine. A bloke as dumb as me has to watch it more than once just to get it :D

I find a bit more in it over a few viewings.
It took me a few goes to finally realise that the evil white bunny was the pilot that flew the aircraft thats engine landed on Donny.

Back to the future 1, 2 and 3.
The three films have to be the best series in movie history..

Cheers
Chris

Okay I could probably come up with modern classic thinking man's movies. but that's just too hard.
Besides, everyone else has already done it.

Mad Max
Beerfest.
Stepbrothers
Talladega Nights - The legend of Ricky Bobby
Stripes
Dumb & Dumber
Major Payne
Little Miss Sunshine

Bizier said:
Are you sure you have no tobacco?
I TOLD YOU I DON'T SMOKE. I've had it up to here with this Indian malarky.

Agree with this, add this and texas chainsaw massacre (original only) to my list.

I had mulholland drive and inland empire on my list but didn't want to get too lynchpagic.

The difficulty of trying to explain why it's better (or no worse) with subsequent viewings can be summed up with these films though.

'Films that don't get shitter because you've seen them more than once' or 'films you can watch again and again and again' should be the alternate title of the thread.

next thread - films you liked once but were shithouse the next time around.

Any strong feelings (either way) in regard to The Devils Rejects?

Latest posts

Back