Monteiths

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just over in NZ two weeks back as part of a fortnight cruise, I normally buy Monteiths quite regularly from a Newcastle bottlo (warners at the bay) they stock the whole Monteiths range, and i cant say there is 1 of their beers that has upset me. Whilst in NZ i tried a number of beers with the limited time i had at each stop (took photos), and id have to say i was really impressed, no 2 pubs had the same tap lineup, and then there were quite a lot of brewpubs (Shakespeares in Auckland, Dux De Lux in Christchurch i made it to)

I think its great that a Countries Megaswill beers have about approx 9 Different Beer Styles each (Monteiths, Speights and Macs) whereas our pitiful breweries mainly throw out cat piss boring lagers for the masses, i think we could learn a lot from the Kiwis in this regard

CHeers

*dons flamesuit just in case*

I don't mind the Pils, thought that the Doublebock was ok, but really like the black - not real complex but solidly good all round.

Forget Monteiths, go for Macs.
Macs is hardly megaswill, just because it is now owned by one of the big brewerys.
While recently in NZ I tried the Black, Sassy Red, Gold, and my favourites were the Pilsner - Hop Rocker and the Great White.
The pilsner was absolutely full of hops, and the great white (wheat beer) was damn close to a hoegaarden.
Has anyone seen Macs available in the bottle stores here? I would love to get my hands on some more of the Pilsner.

Forget Monteiths, go for Macs.
Macs is hardly megaswill, just because it is now owned by one of the big brewerys.
While recently in NZ I tried the Black, Sassy Red, Gold, and my favourites were the Pilsner - Hop Rocker and the Great White.
The pilsner was absolutely full of hops, and the great white (wheat beer) was damn close to a hoegaarden.
Has anyone seen Macs available in the bottle stores here? I would love to get my hands on some more of the Pilsner.

Yeah the Hop Rocker & Sassy Red were good, First Choice stocked them a while back, probably still do.

Back