Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm with GoodDuck on this. We have, after all, paid a fair price for the product.

As I've always said, Mark will support this. Should his business collapse and go bankrupt then we will need to negotiate the disaster bulk buy with electroplating options I'd reckon.

Having said any of that rubbish, it is yours - you own it. Ask Mark though, it's not like he would send it back to China. Get your warranty replacement when he approves and you may be able to explore electroplating at your own expense with the surrendered keg.

I just want them to not make my beer taste like metal after a week. Hopefully the Beerkat fellas get on top of it since their whole business is based around them.

especially since my first fill was from a bar and cost $70. Not keen to repeat that.

Liam_snorkel said:
especially since my first fill was from a bar and cost $70. Not keen to repeat that.
Farrrrrrrrrrrrrk :|

Ouch.
Well I can't really complain about 4L of leftovers turning to shit, can I.

I pulled 3 pints out of it while it still tasted good, so there is that.

malt & barley blues said:
Friend of mine who doesn't brew is after a couple of mini kegs, wanted to know how much, where to buy, directed him to AHB he is not a member and I warned him that some of the the last batch was rusty. He called me this morning and told me that there was mention of rusty kegs in the first buy, directed me to a post by Crunch, post 27 Mini Keg and Growler EOI. Sure enough he warned of rusty kegs, so rusting not just an isolated incident.
Cian, if your mate is still interested he can have the 2 x 4litre I ordered, $195 AUD PM me and I will pay, the delivery is taken care of.

Zorco said:
Yeah, I'm with GoodDuck on this. We have, after all, paid a fair price for the product.

As I've always said, Mark will support this. Should his business collapse and go bankrupt then we will need to negotiate the disaster bulk buy with electroplating options I'd reckon.

Having said any of that rubbish, it is yours - you own it. Ask Mark though, it's not like he would send it back to China. Get your warranty replacement when he approves and you may be able to explore electroplating at your own expense with the surrendered keg.
this is correct I will accept warranty claims on this issue, Im still currently in discussions with the manufacturer about the exact problems and solutions, once I have some solid answers from them I will know how to proceed.

they are doing some tests and going to trying some new things on their products, and have sent through a lot of descriptions and pictures from this thread. will update when I hear more.

Alrighty, perspective check again,

Of all the people aware of this thread from the set of people who have ever bought a mini keg from ATHB, ten have registered a warranty concern. Not ten people, ten kegs sorry.

Most of these are from MKII.

There are three so far from Beerkat and two are Liam's. Around the time of MKIII I remember Liam?

The remaining warranty claims are from MKIII and they total three.

The proportion of claims for MKIII are much higher than for MKII and timing of MKIII is similar to the Beerkat buy which have a good proportion of claims.

One hypothesis is that bad batching began around the end of MKII and into MKIII with Beerkat's supply in that window (assuming they received from China relatively soon before sending to customers)

There will be much to know from the MKIV customers.

I'd like this saga to end with a shit batch and then all good again.

Then the regulator drama over as well.

I don't think that is a rose tinted view. Happy to be challenged.

P.s.

That was not a rant, that was my statistics voice

I still haven't been able to check mine though that should happen some time next week. Both are loaded with high ABV brews; kids and work have prevented a glutenous approach to this issue. Not that I haven't been temped! Camping next week I'm sure will resolve the matter.

Zorco said:
Of all the people aware of this thread from the set of people who have ever bought a mini keg from ATHB, ten have registered a warranty concern. Not ten people, ten kegs sorry.
Most of these are from MKII.
There are three so far from Beerkat and two are Liam's. Around the time of MKIII I remember Liam?
The remaining warranty claims are from MKIII and they total three.
The proportion of claims for MKIII are much higher than for MKII and timing of MKIII is similar to the Beerkat buy which have a good proportion of claims.
One hypothesis is that bad batching began around the end of MKII and into MKIII with Beerkat's supply in that window (assuming they received from China relatively soon before sending to customers)
There will be much to know from the MKIV customers.
I'd like this saga to end with a shit batch and then all good again.
Then the regulator drama over as well.
My 5L turns beer to shit, my 1.89L has rust spots and the vessel, apart from the handle,is 100% magnetic. I have not added myself to your spreadsheet because i will deal with the retailer when and if they give a response regarding the identified issues.

Zorco said:

Thanks for the summary mate, I've been pretty flat out so barely been able to follow the saga. 10 out of however many is really not terrible

If I get a lemon I'm not going to cry about it (not saying anyone is), with the service from Mark and the folk at BK, I'm not worried about any issues going unresolved.

Now kegs, get in my local lostralia post contractor's van!!1!

P.s.

That was not a rant, that was my statistics voice

bradsbrew said:
So your statistic approach is fairly floored.
It wasnt stats, that was just my voice.

I was reporting from the spreadsheet and came up with a hypothesis.

Your concerns are fairly flawed.

You haven't arranged your replacement yet. This hasn't been established as a permanent fault.

Lastly, Why not ask now for a refund and escape the drama?

bradsbrew said:
My 4L turns beer to shit, my 1.89L has rust spots and the vessel, apart from the handle,is 100% magnetic. I have not added myself to your spreadsheet because i will deal with the retailer when and if they give a response regarding the identified issues.
You're in the PM now, some catch up reading for you.

Back