Millennium.... Wtf To Do With Them ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
Folks.

I did a hop stock take a week or 2 ago and i found a pack of Milennium i purchased many years ago.

Its still vac sealed and will be fine to use.......... but in all honesty..............

I have NO IDEA why i bought it and i have no idea what to do with it.

Im not a fan of high alpha hops ( also found an old pack of Super pride) and thought someone my be able to share some experience or help :p

if not..... its the bin for them!

life is too short!

Folks.

I did a hop stock take a week or 2 ago and i found a pack of Milennium i purchased many years ago.

Its still vac sealed and will be fine to use.......... but in all honesty..............

I have NO IDEA why i bought it and i have no idea what to do with it.

Im not a fan of high alpha hops ( also found an old pack of Super pride) and thought someone my be able to share some experience or help :p

if not..... its the bin for them!

life is too short!

10 min ipa ?

Offer them up for a swap of some HB's if you wont use them, always good to try other's beers. Someone might want to be adventurous.

That someone isn't me... :p

G'day Tony,

Use Superpride as you would POR its similar only a bit better IMHO, don't be put off by the higher AA%.

I just wish I could get my hands on a Superpride rhizome would love to use them as fresh flowers.

Cheers,
BB

nothing wrong with millenium - decent, clean bittering hop. use it for ibus and it will give you those and little else, exactly as its supposed to do.

Enjoy them slowly...

I bought a kilo of super pride, and use it for bittering. Great so far. Though at 11%, not really that "super" haha

EDIT, they are actually 13%, but still, not outrageously super

nothing wrong with millenium - decent, clean bittering hop. use it for ibus and it will give you those and little else, exactly as its supposed to do.

As Thirsty says... Good bittering hop... use it as it was designed to be used.

Cheers Ross

leave them out and age them for lambic brewing

..though maybe that would be better with a low alpha hop

Back