Mexican Cooking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These things

Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 10.07.27 AM.png

Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 10.07.24 AM.png

Yep, looked like a big Nacho thing.
He was reasonably pissed at that stage too.

Yeah I noticed he was pretty well done by then, I think he mentioned he was curious as to what it was but probably if he was sober he may have asked them. But then probably noticed something shiney and got distracted as can happen at that point in the night.....

Mardoo said:
I clearly missed this page because WHAT THE FUK IS THAT GOD DAMN ABOMINATION???

I've seen insects and green egg's look more appetizing in Chinese culture shows that what the Mexicans have done to a juicy corn cob...

They look like people lined up on a 'Ripley's Believe It Or Not' human face freak show.

browndog said:
I thought the show was pretty good, not that I know anything at all about Mexico.
Ditto, just watched it. Found it inspiring, I want to hand make some tortillas to put chilli beans on now. The beef ribs on the edge of the canyon looked drool worthy. He seems to like a drink.

Liam_snorkel said:
Ditto, just watched it. Found it inspiring, I want to hand make some tortillas to put chilli beans on now. The beef ribs on the edge of the canyon looked drool worthy. He seems to like a drink.
Yes and I bet that spirit was a little more than 37% too.

Folks, I've been doing a bit of a "purge" on the pantry today & came-across some Ancho, Pasilla, Mulato & Chipotle's that have been sitting around for a couple of years. Some are still "leathery" & some (ie. chipotle's) are dry & hard.

Will they be any good now, or should I pay them off as a bad idea to use?

Any good ideas &/or recipe's?

Taco night tonight!

Shredded chicken with adobo sauce, barbecued corn, avocado/tomato/red onion salsa

Taco night tonight!

Shredded chicken with adobo sauce, barbecued corn, avocado/tomato/red onion salsa

Taco night tonight!

Taco night tonight!

breakbeer said:
Taco night tonight!

Trying to get your post count up mate? :p

Depends on how they've been stored. Glass jar? Use them. Plastic bag? Make BBQ sauce with them.

If they're in good condition you can make a killer sauce for enchiladas from those four, or leave out the chipotles if you want to get some of the subtleties of the other three. Make 1/2 chicken and half pork, separately, not mixed together. Killer.

This recipe is a good place to start. Simple. It's about the chile, not everything else. If you can track down Mexican oregano it makes a difference. Leave the chipotles out of this one: http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/enchiladas-de-chile-ancho

Breakfast of champions!
New Mexico red chile huevos rancheros. The sauce is ground NM red chile, garlic, onions and stock - that’s it. This is my soul food. And that’s New Mexico as in the US state and culture, not molecular cuisine. :)

IMG_9686.jpg

Been a long time since I touched down here!

Breakfast of champions!
New Mexico red chile huevos rancheros. The sauce is ground NM red chile, garlic, onions and stock - that’s it. This is my soul food. And that’s New Mexico as in the US state and culture, not molecular cuisine. :)

View attachment 110257

Been a long time since I touched down here!
Yum!
Looks like there's a fart or two in that lot.

Latest posts

Back