Metallurgy And Homebrewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Hi All, Interesting that this thread was closed. http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry434313

Seems that Aussieshop brewer is alive and well. :icon_vomit:

To answer some of the questions from the prematurely closed thread:

rec.crafts.brewing and the CRAFTBREWER DIGEST was always an informative source as is hbd.org. These are great forums for exchange of ideas without prohibitative input from metallurgists cum homebrew-shops (you know who you are).

If you guys really think these recently emerged HB dealers have your best interests at heart you are kidding yourselves.

There is nothing available today to homebrewers that was not available 10 years ago, just SOME newbies think that they could not survive without HB shops.

As for the topic title. I am a welder by trade but have also a post-graduate degree in microbiology.

Widen your horizons guys. This is Aussiehomebrewer. Keep your options open before you are all dumbed into thinking that buying ingredients/equipment/know-how is an exclusive right of HB shops.

cheers

Darren

PS: Incider, insert stupid comment here

Speaking of informative here's a thread on how to make some cheese to go with that whine...

I'm guessing that your definition of a stupid comment is really just anything that doesn't support your anti-retailer bias, or at least your bias against a couple of retailers at least...

Nice to know you hold so many of us in such low regard you don't feel we are capable of forming valid opinions on the contribution of forum members, retailers or otherwise, on our own.

Retailer or not, I know which mettallurgist(s) have provided the most informed, contstructive and helpful feedback to myself and many others on this forum, and none of them are you...

Considering you couldn't even form a proper question in the original thread (go back and read what you've posted), I'm not surprised you're coming back again to insult your fellow brewers.

Everything may have been available 10 years ago, but it was a hell of a lot more difficult to get hold of. Not everyone wants to spend hours tracking down suppliers for items (only to have them tell you theres huge minimum purchases). Some of us would prefer to spend that time brewing.

Difficult to get hold of you say Kook? No more difficult than a slab from the pub.

BConnery, Information has always been supplied "free of charge" from other sources of information.

Next thing you will be readily accepting that global warming and changes in financial markets are the direct result of increased malt prices :blink:

cheers

Darren

I still don't understand if you are actually trying to say anything else apart from "don't buy anything from retailers".

Difficult to get hold of you say Kook? No more difficult than a slab from the pub.

Bullshit.

Tell me where I can buy (new) 750ml brown punt bottles in Perth in a quantity less than a pallet. I'm not talking about swapping beer with a winery 100km+ away either. Or french oak cubes in a quantity less than 10kg.

AdamT,

No I am not saying that. Just keep your mind open and rest assured that all the advice and ingredients were readily available (and cheaper) prior to "globalisation" of HOME BREWING.

cheers

Darren

DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!

hippies.jpg

There is no lack of information here, there's just lazy options for people who aren't into making their own equipment.

Bullshit.

Tell me where I can buy (new) 750ml brown punt bottles in Perth in a quantity less than a pallet. I'm not talking about swapping beer with a winery 100km+ away either. Or french oak cubes in a quantity less than 10kg.

Huh??

cheers

Darren

Umm, so a bunch of retailers have seen a market and are addressing it - and that's evil, right? **** it, just to piss you off I'm going to move to Adelaide and learn to weld.

Cheers - Mike

Are you for real Darren?

Globalisation of homebrewing? FTW

You been smoking a few too many doobies?

weed_pot.jpg

DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!

hippies.jpg

There is no lack of information here, there's just lazy options for people who aren't into making their own equipment.

Hey Adamt,

Where did you get the picture of my parents?

Yeah, I agree. Equipment is equipment but ingredients have always been easy to source....except when exclusive rights are given to any individual/organisation/corporation.

I will put it on the record that I was asked to be the sole distributor of imported malts and some local malts to homebrewers in Australia. I declined the offer for the reason that I felt that it was better that each state in Australia should be able to access/store/supply at cost, malts for homebrew use.

If you think this sort of deal is worth "a few cents a brew" then you are very mistaken. A similar phenomenon happened about 8-9 years ago where the price of malt more than double almost overnight.

cheers

Darren

So why don't you start growing and malting your own, in protest? Take action instead of whining about it?

I will put it on the record that I was asked to be the sole distributor of malts in Australia.

Malts? Do you mean every malt, from every maltster, from all over the world?

Wow. That's quite a statement, even for you.

Umm, so a bunch of retailers have seen a market and are addressing it - and that's evil, right? **** it, just to piss you off I'm going to move to Adelaide and learn to weld.

Cheers - Mike

Zoom on down,

You would probably be well paid as a welder here :icon_cheers:

If you think it would piss me off, then you are mistaken.

cheers

Darren

Cheers - Mike

Funniest thing I've heard all day. :D

I will put it on the record that I was asked to be the sole distributor of malts in Australia.

Every maltster in the world contacted you and asked you to be Australia's only distributor of malted grain?

How did that work with Fosters et al?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back