Melbourne/vic Grain Bulk Buy (august '11)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As soon as i read Wolfy's message about the mix up i was sure it was me. Ran out to the car but my order is all good
9 hr return trip not bad for 100kgs of grain ;)
Cheers again Wolfy!

Damn! I will officially stop whinging haha - I hope you still made a fiscal saving! Next time you should stay the night somewhere with someone and drink some brews! I started at 12.25pm and hadn't quite made it home (the Myrniong drop off resulted in being offered a cold one haha).

As soon as i read Wolfy's message about the mix up i was sure it was me. Ran out to the car but my order is all good
Cheers again Wolfy!
You're all good, which is lucky, because I'm sure your gf would not have been happy about having to return to the city. :rolleyes:

If the people that were picking up a wey premium pilsner can check to see if they have a floor malted bohemian pilsner sack instead, I'd be very grateful.

I'll have the misplaced wey premium pilsner and we can sort out a swap and make sure everyone gets what they ordered.

Double checked mine. Definitely premium pilsner malt.

Hope you find it soon.

Hope you find it soon.
Pretty sure it was another case of someone picking up grain on behalf of someone else, with the problem caused by the earlier mix-up (which has now been sorted).

Thanks Wolfy for the buy and Lecterfan for the pick up.

Top marks for going beyond the call of duty to help doods you don't even know.

Cheers.

the Amarillo ale was a nice drink!
Actually we've got the Bayside Brewers to thank for the beer that was on tap, it was actually an IPA from a recent brew-day they had (the new keg had been put in the fridge without Jure knowing about it).
Thanks Wolfy for the buy and Lecterfan for the pick up.

Top marks for going beyond the call of duty to help doods you don't even know.
I think Lecterfan did most of the work for you guys and Keg King were really helpful too, the large bit of warehouse space was great when it started pelting down rain later in the day.

If the people that were picking up a wey premium pilsner can check to see if they have a floor malted bohemian pilsner sack instead, I'd be very grateful.

Checked my sack of wey pils this morning and its correct. Any luck tracking down the boh pils?

Hey Wolfy

Thanks again for organising, at my mates now who picked up the grain and we definitley have a JW pils. Good luck with the search

SB

Thanks for organizing wolfy. Checked mine and I got what I ordered. Lucky cause that shit usually happens to me! Hope you find it.

Thanks wolfy for organizing this, it was my first Bulk buy and the whole process was smooth and easy. It was just a shame it was a quick trip for me, I wouldhave liked to have scanned the keg king store and have a go at the beer on tap.
Cheers :beerbang:

Thanks wolfy for organizing this, it was my first Bulk buy and the whole process was smooth and easy. It was just a shame it was a quick trip for me, I wouldhave liked to have scanned the keg king store and have a go at the beer on tap.
Cheers :beerbang:
And If I had have known you are in Summy I would have given you a lift wiz. The shop was a good browse, especially for brewers hardware. :D

I'm enjoying my Bayside IPA at the moment. Good brew day a few weeks back. Kee is a good host.

Actually we've got the Bayside Brewers to thank for the beer that was on tap, it was actually an IPA from a recent brew-day they had (the new keg had been put in the fridge without Jure knowing about it).
You're welcome :icon_cheers:

Any luck tracking down the boh pils?
Pretty sure it's all sorted now, interestingly the mix up was with the first pickup of the day, leaving the wrong grain for the last pickup, so maybe that's saying something about not being too early or too late. ;)

First pick up? Wasn't us I'm pretty sure (I did get FM pils but I also ordered it, certain the other bag was the premium).

Disclaimer - I realise we may not have been the first but we did get there early. Went to GG first to drop off a worthog's entry so timing might have been off.

Pretty sure it's all sorted now, interestingly the mix up was with the first pickup of the day, leaving the wrong grain for the last pickup, so maybe that's saying something about not being too early or too late. ;)

Haha - no its saying something about something, but I don't know what.... (But not that)...I did my end of the swap, the rest is up to the cosmos....

Its almost all sorted now, we just have to organise a day to swap and everyone involved will have their sacks in hand.

^ hehe...

thanks for the effort Wolfy, really appreciate the grain group buys :D

Latest posts

Back