Melbourne/vic Grain Bulk Buy (august '11)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
It seems a few people, myself included, need some more grain, so I've contacted Kee from KegKing (they're open all day Saturday and are much closer to me) to ask if they will host this Bulk Buy for us.

Pickup Saturday 6th August, between 11am and 1pm.
at KegKing, 33 Smith St, Springvale.

• Orders will close, and payment is due by 29th July.
  • Direct Deposit payment is required (in advance).
  • No bags will be held at KegKing past the pickup day.
  • If splitting bags they must be ordered and paid for by 1 person (do not list them twice), please arrange any splitting between participants.
  • If you will not pickup the bags of grain yourself, you must provide notice/details of who will pickup for you in advance.
Obviously there will need to be a minimum purchase for the bulk-prices, and the last bulk buy was only in April, but I still hope there will be enough interest for this buy to proceed.
Vicbrew is in mid Sept this year, so an early August grain-buy should allow enough time to put a few brews down before then.
Pale-Ale Mania is on the 7th August, so that might be good to share transporting/splits for people going to that.

To participate:
  • Please add your name to the list using the correct format.
  • Ensure you correctly copy all the previous entries.
  • Include your name, your order and if applicable pickup and other details.
  • You can change and update your order - as long your order is confirmed before 29th July.
  • Pay for your order before 29th July.
  • Pickup your order from KegKing in Springvale on Saturday 6th August (or arrange someone else to pick it up for you).
Prices and other order details on this spread sheet.
Please check/confirm the details on the spread sheet because that is what will be used to check payment and place the order.

Kee confirmed (on the telephone) that the prices will be roughly the same as the previous Bulk Buys, I will update the spreadsheet with the exact prices when I have them in writing.
I will try to update the spreadsheet every few days, but sorry for the crappy looking spread-sheet layout, seems that Google don't like to publish it with frozen rows/columns. :(
Bank/payment details will be sent via PM on the 22nd July (allowing for 1 week to pay) if you need them before then send me a PM.

1. Wolfy - 1x JW Pils, 1x JW Ale, 1x JW Wheat, 1x Wey Carafa Special II

If anyone would like to split 1/2 the bag of JW Wheat and 1/3 or 1/4 of the Carafa Special II, please let me know. :)

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale

Would be interested in a 1/4 bag of medium crystal or there abouts.

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
3. Beerdrinkingbob 1 x Simpson MO (Half of Wolfy's Wheat)

It seems a few people, myself included, need some more grain, so I've contacted Kee from KegKing (they're open all day Saturday and are much closer to me) to ask if they will host this Bulk Buy for us.

Pickup Saturday 6th August, between 11am and 1pm.
at KegKing, 33 Smith St, Springvale.

• Orders will close, and payment is due by 29th July.
  • Direct Deposit payment is required (in advance).
  • No bags will be held at KegKing past the pickup day.
  • If splitting bags they must be ordered and paid for by 1 person (do not list them twice), please arrange any splitting between participants.
  • If you will not pickup the bags of grain yourself, you must provide notice/details of who will pickup for you in advance.
Obviously there will need to be a minimum purchase for the bulk-prices, and the last bulk buy was only in April, but I still hope there will be enough interest for this buy to proceed.
Vicbrew is in mid Sept this year, so an early August grain-buy should allow enough time to put a few brews down before then.
Pale-Ale Mania is on the 7th August, so that might be good to share transporting/splits for people going to that.

To participate:
  • Please add your name to the list using the correct format.
  • Ensure you correctly copy all the previous entries.
  • Include your name, your order and if applicable pickup and other details.
  • You can change and update your order - as long your order is confirmed before 29th July.
  • Pay for your order before 29th July.
  • Pickup your order from KegKing in Springvale on Saturday 6th August (or arrange someone else to pick it up for you).
Prices and other order details on this spread sheet.
Please check/confirm the details on the spread sheet because that is what will be used to check payment and place the order.

Kee confirmed (on the telephone) that the prices will be roughly the same as the previous Bulk Buys, I will update the spreadsheet with the exact prices when I have them in writing.
I will try to update the spreadsheet every few days, but sorry for the crappy looking spread-sheet layout, seems that Google don't like to publish it with frozen rows/columns. :(
Bank/payment details will be sent via PM on the 22nd July (allowing for 1 week to pay) if you need them before then send me a PM.

Hi.

Cant seem to find the prices in the linked spreadsheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
4. HoppingMad - 2 x JW Trad Ale, 1 x JW Pils (Subject to pricing)

Hopper

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
4. HoppingMad - 2 x JW Trad Ale, 1 x JW Pils (Subject to pricing - no sign of $ on spreadsheet)
5. Darkman-2x JW Pils, 1x JW Vienna

Cant seem to find the prices in the linked spreadsheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Never mind. Just read the fine print. I'll keep checking.
Kee is waiting for an up-to-date-list from his suppliers (was promised yesterday).
So I'd like them in writing before I post them up, but (confirmed base malt prices on the 'phone) they will be (within a $1 or $2) the same as the last 2 Melb BB's.

the prices (from g+g) were about to go up following the last bulk buy

Awesome timing... just need to do a grain audit tonight and i'll whack my order in.

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
4. HoppingMad - 2 x JW Trad Ale, 1 x JW Pils (Subject to pricing - no sign of $ on spreadsheet)
6. Peakydh - 3 x JW Trad Ale, 1 x Simp Golden Promise

Kee is waiting for an up-to-date-list from his suppliers (was promised yesterday).
So I'd like them in writing before I post them up, but (confirmed base malt prices on the 'phone) they will be (within a $1 or $2) the same as the last 2 Melb BB's.
Seems we were both right - local malt prices have gone up, but the imported malt is the same as previous.
Seems a bit strange that it can be shipped from the other side of the world and end up costing the same, but I guess thats what happens with the AU$ like it is now.

Hopefully - if I did it right (thanks mxd) - this new link should show the 'shared' spreadsheet with the correct formatting and prices:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet...1E&hl=en_US

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
7. Manticle: 1 x Simpsons Golden Promise, 1 x Simpsons Marris Otter

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
8. Acasta: 1 x trad ale, 1 x simpson MO

Looking to 1/2 split some munich and/or wheat, update is interested.

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
8. Shimple: 2 x JW Pils, 2 x JW Trad Ale, 1 x JW Vienna

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale

Looking to 1/2 split some munich and/or wheat, update is interested.

Ok i will be 9 then.

2. LastDrinks - 1xJW Ale
9. Shimple: 2 x JW Pils, 2 x JW Trad Ale, 1 x JW Vienna

yeah i was going to say... its worth getting the imports.

Any go on weyermann malts in the buy wolfy? Or does kee go exclusively through bintani? Im tempted to get antoher sack of Briess for the price its a worry with the DMS im currently experiencing.

Any go on weyermann malts in the buy wolfy? Or does kee go exclusively through bintani? Im tempted to get antoher sack of Briess for the price its a worry with the DMS im currently experiencing.
Waiting on an updated list from Cryer Malts, the list from Bintani came through today, so those prices are up, will put up the new prices as soon as they arrive.
The Midnight Wheat sounds interesting, I'd just never use a sack full of it. ;)

Waiting on an updated list from Cryer Malts, the list from Bintani came through today, so those prices are up, will put up the new prices as soon as they arrive.
The Midnight Wheat sounds interesting, I'd just never use a sack full of it. ;)

If you split it 4/5 ways 5.5/ 4.5 KG each i'd be interested. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back