Melbourne/vic Grain Bulk Buy (august '11)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome work Wolfy. :icon_chickcheers:

I concur! Sadly I've run out of my chinook harvest ale which I wanted you to taste in comparison to yours but I'll rustle something up for you regardless!!!

Cheers Wolfy!
i'll be bringing a bottle of my first all grain brew for ya :drinks:

for the LOL's.....

Since the BB that I bought all my grain in, its been sitting back in melboune, Finally organised shipping for everything (lazy family... :p) 2-3 weeks more for it to end up here with ME. Itching to inaugrate it... Now I need a mill soon B)

Hi Wolfy, Mark M will be picking up the half bag of wheat for me on the day.

Cheers BDB

Just a reminder that grain-pickup is THIS Saturday 6th August, between 11am and 1pm.
at KegKing, 33 Smith St, Springvale.

(Click the link for a map to their location, it's just off the Princess Hwy near Sandown Park and behind the Bunnings-green-shed).

If possible, please come and pickup your grain at that time, if for some reason you cannot make it on Saturday, KegKing is open 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and from 10am to 6pm on Sat.
(But please don't leave your grain taking up room in their warehouse if you can help it.)

If you're not going to be picking the grain up yourself, please make sure the spreadsheet lists who will:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet...;hl=en_US#gid=0

I've arranged to buy a 'small bale' of Rice Hulls at the local grain-feed shop, and can bring some on Saturday if anyone else would like any.
Please send me a PM if you want some, the price will be about $1/kg.

Can you please adjust mine and Hammo's.
I will be collecting them
Cheers

Just got an email from Kee at KegKing, to say that they have the grain in.
... but there is no Weyermann Pale Ale Malt for another 2 weeks in the country.
So I've sent a PM to the two people who ordered that with the details.

And here it all is (I asked SWMBO to visit KK on the way home from work)
kkbb_aug11_1.jpg

kkbb_aug11_2.jpg

kkbb_aug11_3.jpg

kkbb_aug11_4.jpg

I'm excited just looking at the photos of that much grain!! :icon_drool2:

Wolfy,
Thank you for organizing this bulk buy - It was very well organized.
Enjoy the beers - The BA is a Brown Ale with fresh cascade hops grown at my folks place (only bottled 2 weeks ago) and the DV is a Duvel clone which is quite tasty. The RIS has its own label so hopefully you will like them.

Cheers

Roller

300kgs of grain safely back in Western Vic (with 25kg dropped off in Myrniong along the way).

Sorry about the beers Wolfy, I'll post them tomorrow (except for Vic45's APA which I might drink haha).

Awesome effort in logistics.

You must have got in and out early Lecterfan? I was hopping to catch up and chat about all things Game of Thrones, I can't put the book down!
Well done to Wolfy for the BB. Good to see someone putting Yuri to good use behind the register, the Amarillo ale was a nice drink!

Thanks to Wolfy and keg king for organising and hosting.

Someone seems to have picked up my FM bohemian pilsner sack by mistake though, I think Wolfy is going to be sending out PMs so hopefully we can sort that out ASAP.

That all went pretty well except for the last pickup of the day, thanks everyone for making it easy enough to arrange (and for the beer).

Unfortunately, it since it seems that someone who ordered a sack of Joe White Pilsner has taken home felten's bag of Weyermann Pils instead.
I've sent a PM to everyone who ordered the JW Pils to ask if they can please check what was taken home, so that we can sort something out.

Seems I gave felten's Wey malt to one of the Ballerat crew, as a result of miss-communication between myself and someone picking up grain on behalf of someone else - easy enough to see how it happened now.

While I remember, there was a stray-bag of malt left when we finished (even if I had everyone marked off as picking up their stuff) so make sure you took the right number of bags home after they were distributed. :)

You must have got in and out early Lecterfan? I was hopping to catch up and chat about all things Game of Thrones, I can't put the book down!
Well done to Wolfy for the BB. Good to see someone putting Yuri to good use behind the register, the Amarillo ale was a nice drink!

Yea man, I left here at 9am not knowing what the traffic would be like....and I pulled up at keg king at 10.27am!!! I could have knocked that down to 10.25am if they would let us bloody do 110 through the new anthonys cutting bypass...why build a straight stretch of highway and make everyone do 80 on it???? (when we are all doing 80 on the horrid windy bit beforehand?). Record time...I loaded up, let the dog out for a toilet break, hung around for 5 mins, talked shit with Vitalstatistix (luddites that we are), but really had to get back.

And on top of that I got to Deer Park (on the way down) before realising that I had forgot all the Beer for Wolfy!!! Hahaha.

And if you think THAT is embarrassing I dont have Feltens floor malted, but I do have an incorrect Wey premium pils here, (and we will chalk this up to the Tao flowing a little bit irregularly as neither Wolfy or I can entirely shoulder the blame :party: ) so now I am doing a gangsta style grain swap in Bacchus Marsh tomorrow morning hee heeI shall wear dark glasses and a carnation in my top pocket!

If the people that were picking up a wey premium pilsner can check to see if they have a floor malted bohemian pilsner sack instead, I'd be very grateful.

I'll have the misplaced wey premium pilsner and we can sort out a swap and make sure everyone gets what they ordered.

Back