Melbourne Monster Mill Mm-2 Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You going to be alone this time?

Yeah, well sort-of. SWMBO is coming up to Bendigo for the weekend with me (wants to spend the day on sunday with me there) but she aint attending the swap. We have got a room at quest serviced apartments just down the road from Kleinys.

UPDATE :icon_chickcheers:

Apparantly there are a few parcels for me to pickup from the post office and there is only one thing i have ordered :super:

Downside is SWMBO has taken the "sorry we missed you" slip so hopefully they give them to me no questions asked! After all, it is my mail.

If it is not all of the packages (which might be a possibility) i may hold off on people getting theirs collected. Either way you can't get them off me until next week as i wont be home this weekend (VIC CASE SWAP).

I'll keep you posted and update after i get home from cricket training tonight.

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Suits me fine 4*. I'm also away this weekend.

The only person who is likly to get theirs early is Leigh, as he is going to be at the case swap. ;)

Either way i cant forsee any issues, if i dont have them all today, it will most likely be tomorrow or monday as all of the consignments looked good getting thru customs on the USPS website. :icon_cheers:

Can see myself beating down 4*'s door on Monday evening for my mill and case swap beer! :p

Cheers SJ

Haha, just thought it was funny how he was advertising that they like a few days notice, and he was implying that that was a good thing?
:icon_offtopic: Well they do like notice.... not implying anything...thats just how it is.....

Fourstar...good luck with your mill...unfortunately , finances prevent me from ordering one myself a la Komodo...
Have Fun !
Cheers
Ferg

Fourstar...good luck with your mill...unfortunately , finances prevent me from ordering one myself a la Komodo...

Quite unfortuante bud, im tight on the pennies atm but i couldnt resist the price. its just too good! The joys of credit! :p

well i just to my one for a little spin (dumped some grain ontop of the rollers) with the extra 3kg of GP i have for the case swap brewup. default gap is a little tight, cracked the grain into around 5 peices even when starting the mill slowly. It might need some fine tuning ocne i get my feeler guage. Overall a pretty looking piece of kit.

If i can be arsed i'll take a photo of the crush and mill ;)

well i just to my one for a little spin

I take it that means they arrived?

My wife is runing in Melbourne on Sunday the 6th so I was gonna swing by and pick it up then if that suits?
If I didn't have a prior engagement I would have been at the swap this weekend, would have fitted in beautifully <_<
Ah well, PM me your address if you could mate.

I take it that means they arrived?

My wife is runing in Melbourne on Sunday the 6th so I was gonna swing by and pick it up then if that suits?
If I didn't have a prior engagement I would have been at the swap this weekend, would have fitted in beautifully <_<
Ah well, PM me your address if you could mate.

That is correct! PM Sent ;)

4*, I have a set of feeler gauges which i can bring along with me when i pick up my mill. Let me know.

Cheers SJ

The gap does sometimes like to readjust itself, id suggest buying your own feeler guage 4* cos youll need it eventually, theyre not expensive from memory...

I found the factory setting too loose, ive got my gap set at 0.040", where it came at 0.045" and I get a good crush, heaps of partially cracked husks, good amount of flour and consistent extraction..

4*, I have a set of feeler gauges which i can bring along with me when i pick up my mill. Let me know.
Cheers SJ

The gap does sometimes like to readjust itself, id suggest buying your own feeler guage 4* cos youll need it eventually, theyre not expensive from memory...
I found the factory setting too loose, ive got my gap set at 0.040", where it came at 0.045" and I get a good crush, heaps of partially cracked husks, good amount of flour and consistent extraction..

Cheers Guys,

In retrospect, i only cracked a pinch or two of grains and the initial torque from the drill may have created majority of the flour/breakup. After posting i did notice a few grains still intact but when pressed in my fingers the barley was pulverised. I think the current gap set may actually be ok. Checking it against the avg thickness of most grains and rolling them thru individually it appears to just press/tear the grain, hence breaking the malt up and leaving the husk intact. I thin if i open it up anymore i may not be crushing all the grain.

Oh, also comparing it to the batch of grain i just got from my LHBS cracked the crush seems quite simillar.

I'll have to have a bit more of a play when i get my mill all setup. Unfortuantly no pics of teh crush as i couldnt be arsed :p

Arent they a mennace fourstar. Im really happy with mine.
Like Reviled said get your own feller gauge - they are worth SFA from the usual automotive disposal type places ;) Hell you can probably get them from the green shed cheap enough too

in case people havent seen it....link to Mantis' monstermill hopper thread

also in regards to feeler gagues...if you have drill bits at home you can go pick out the appropriste size drill bit and use that to measure/adjust your gap. thats how I do it. althoug i must admit im now doing it completely by eye and look of crush. so no actual/accurate measurement of any sort

Hi!

I'm sitting here with my mill and wonder how much money I have to spend on tools to build a stand and a hopper. I had a look at www.monsterbrewinghardware.com and you can buy everything from there reasonably cheap. A base cost $10, a hopper cost $25 and a crank and handle (to avoid buying a drill) cost $22. I also firmly believe that the mill will last longer when mounted on custom made parts.

The only problem is that shipping cost $57... However, I can buy 10 crank & handle sets and 10 base & hopper sets for the same shipping cost.

Consequently, I'm interested in setting up a new bulk buy here for this. If 5 of you are interested in either one of these items then we wouldn't have to pay more that $11.40 each for shipping.

Anyone interested?

(footnote: all figures are in USD)

Hi LRB,

sounds interesting, put me down as interested/pending for a hopper and base.

They look nice, and I'm struggling for time to knock one up myself.

Cheers SJ

Hi LRB,

sounds interesting, put me down as interested/pending for a hopper and base.

They look nice, and I'm struggling for time to knock one up myself.

Cheers SJ

Sure, I have the same time/money/effort issue too. Better to just get the real deal. -I started a new thread for this by the way. Will put you down as interested.

Back