Melbourne: Grain Bulk Buy September 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Baby
The carpentry skills need work, but it crushes grain

image.jpgimage.jpg

So excited I put it in the wrong thread

everyone hurry up and drink so we can buy again lol

Id imagine it could be mid december??? Might contact G&G and see...

all comes down to price and availability.. I am a cheap grain whore LOL... prices requested from G&G .. awaiting quotation.

Id imagine it could be mid december??? Might contact G&G and see...

Sounds great, but we'll have to see how many others there are. I'm keen to split some specs, so I'll need some other takers. Hopefully lots are keen, but it's not that long since the last one. Fingers crossed!!

They are going to send me a price list in the next day or so.. Id be keen on a large order and happy to split a few specialty grains

I am in for another bag or two as well - my neighbours have cottoned on that I have a kegerator so I have to start brewing a bit more often or they will drink me dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

spoke to them price list soon will be similar to last price list

My rough count has 7 people showing interest in between 7 and 10 or so bags total, plus some more from technobabble66 if someone wants to split some spec malts with him.

Do G&G have a minimum order? Last bulk buy was 147 bags total...

OK I got a price list but a bit unsure of the BB process... and exchange of cash ..apparently G&G do not accept the payments... I dont have heaps of time ..but Ill try look into it.. G&G suggested pick up about December 15...

Grainer said:
OK I got a price list but a bit unsure of the BB process... and exchange of cash ..apparently G&G do not accept the payments... I dont have heaps of time ..but Ill try look into it.. G&G suggested pick up about December 15...
I'd offer to help but I simply don't have time.

Speak to syl who organised this BB, he will be able to point you in the right direction.

Everyone puts in their order, you keep track of it however you like (the spreadsheets used in past BBs seem to be good for this), you collect payment from everyone, you then place the order with G&G only after you've received everyone's cash, and pay for it. Do not place any orders until you get all the cash. You then turn up to G&G on the day and distribute the bags as people collect. Up to you how big or small of a pick up window you want to offer to people.

I also think you need to get the OK to run the BB from the admins here - I'm sure a quick PM will sort that part out.

What he said.

What's the minimum order size?

Depending on price & how splits might work out, i could be up for 1-4 bags, i guess.
[Maybe: 1/2-1xMO, 1/2-1xGP or Ale, 1/2xWheat, 1/2xMunich, 1/2xAmber, 1/2xVienna]

Also keen for 1/4's if 3 others can be bothered.

Fwiw, i'm ok if we don't get it done before xmas, so don't stress yourself if it's gonna be a struggle to coordinate everything in relatively short notice at a busy time of the year.

Anyone got a spare mill? B)

Latest posts

Back