Melbourne: Grain Bulk Buy September 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know would a 20lt container fit 12.5kg of grain?

yes they do
I have 20 lt buckets from Bunnings and Kmart
1 bag into 2 buckets

will there be a few suitable sets of scales there on the day?...never been to one before so not sure what to expect!

I'm bringing a number of extra identical containers that, lacking scales, we can pour the same amount of grain into as an easy (if not exactly precise) way to measure splits.

Cheers guys, measuring it out was gunna be my next question :)

Who meathead? I wouldnt think that G+G would let you use their scales. The bulk buys tend to be done in the car park outside. However, its always courteous to nip in and pick up a packet of hops or something similar.

John has confirmed that all the grain will be available on Saturday!

As for scales, I have digital bathroom ones and the other option is to measure by pails.

Look forward to meeting y'all tomorrow. I have some rudimentary scales and pails that hold 12.5kg filled to the brim.

If you have something better for your splits, then that is grand!

Now some good news for you early birds and weekend warriors: I will be there from 9am so you can pick up first thing if that is your fancy!

Call me the bootkegger. I will be there from around 9:30

IMAG0542.jpg

andytork said:
Call me the bootkegger. I will be there from around 9:30

attachicon.gif
IMAG0542.jpg
That's a serious NOS setup you got there Andytork.

(I bet you rinsed all the red wine vinegar out before you laid those suckers down!)

If I filled them with petrol, it may be enough to get me to the grain buy and back, just.

Does a bronco connected to one count as an open container of alcohol in the car ?

syl said:
Now some good news for you early birds and weekend warriors: I will be there from 9am so you can pick up first thing if that is your fancy!
Wish I read that about 4 hours ago! Hopefully that doesn't mean leaving earlier, in which case I'm in a spot of bother...

Good job everyone! All done, one bag of traditional ale for lynchman in my car.

I will send him a pm as the pick up is over!

Gotta love getting in the car after work only to be hit with a pungent waft of malted grain.

Thanks again for organising Syl

Cheers to Syl for organizing :chug:

It's going to take me a while to get through 75kg of grain with my 10L batch size... but at almost $2/kg I had to buy in :D

Back