Melbourne: Grain Bulk Buy September 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of your work syl, much appreciated - especially hanging around until right before 1. Again, I'm sorry for leaving the longnecks at home - I'd like to show my appreciation so PM me your address and I'll post a couple to you.

Thanks also to G&G who, as always, were very accommodating.

As per the others, thanks for putting in the hard work Syl, appreciate it. Something kinda cool about having 100kg of barley in the garage...

syl said:
Good job everyone! All done, one bag of traditional ale for lynchman in my car.

I will send him a pm as the pick up is over!
Thanks very much for organising Jimmie, really appreciate it.

Mate, I can't recall the American brown recipe you were smashing? If you could post or PM it that would be bloody great. Cheers

LET'S COOK!*

1235440_10202081698623557_470622072_n.jpg

* Breakbeer's grain here too ;)

No sweat at all guys. Was great to meet you all and yes the brew day went fine with Leigh and TreeFiddy.

Hit the pH, OG and it is all in the pool in cubes until tomorrow because I'm going to the ******* pub!

great work Syl, good to meet you and a few fellow ahb'ers. very well organized, despite being under the weather!

Spewing I couldn't be there, had to work all day

Massive Thanks to syl for organising & to JB for picking it up for me, owe ya both some beers

We'll done Syl. 7 bags of grain in the back of the wagon smells divine. Now to brew some beer. Thanks

Yeah, thanks, and well done. Sorry I couldnt around for long, had the wife and kid, plus dogs in the truck.

Once again, great effort.

Syl ( Jimmie) you are a bloody legend mate. Likewise Andy. Great to meet you blokes yesterday.

Thanks again.

Cheers and happy brewing

A trip to BigW and 3 x 48L storage boxes later ($8 each)... somewhere to store the bags of grain:

2013-09-22%2016.33.13.png

No markings to give any indication of being food grade. If anything, I think they would probably contain the extra BPA's from BPA free plastic bottles :p

All this brewing has caught up with me!

40L of APA in kegs at the moment.
50L of ABA in bottles.
20L of APA in bottles.
70L of DSGA ready to be kegged tonight.
90L of APA about 1.5 weeks in.
65L of Steam Ale in cubes.

335L of beer and 200kg of grain to go!

Thanks Syl - one of the best managed Bulk Grain Buys i have ever attended - well done!!!!!

syl said:
All this brewing has caught up with me!

40L of APA in kegs at the moment.
50L of ABA in bottles.
20L of APA in bottles.
70L of DSGA ready to be kegged tonight.
90L of APA about 1.5 weeks in.
65L of Steam Ale in cubes.

335L of beer and 200kg of grain to go!
Next time the wife reckons I've gone overboard I shall be referring her to this post :)

Crikey Syl! I'm sure the grand final will help lower your stock levels.

Thanks again - as above, super smooth bulk buy.

If you don't have loads of grain then these are perfect from Bunnings: http://www.bunnings.com.au/maxipail-20l-plastic-pail-with-lid_p4475875

You can get different sizes and they are clearly marked food safe. The 20L one holds close to 12kg of grain on average. You can get other smaller sizes too.

"Airtight" is an understatement on these buckets as well - they are damn hard to get the lid on and off. Too hard, in fact, but at least you know your grain is being protected.

Back