Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy - May 10

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how about we start a small waiting list on the off chance someone drops out (it does happen, i know from experience)

1. Stubbie - 1 x TF GP, 1 x Wey Bo Pils, 1 x Wey Pils
2. AndyTork - 1x Wey Munich II, 1x Wey Carafa Special II (will split this, anyone PM if interested), 1x TF Golden Promise
3. beerhog-2x tf marris otter 1xbb ale
4. ampy - 1x BB Pilsner Galaxy 1x BB Wheat
5. manticle -1 x TF marris otter
6. Fourstar - 2x BB Ale
7. BCP 1xDingemanns Pils
8. Cocko - 1x BB Galaxy
9. Komodo - 1x Wey Carahell, 1x BB Dark Crystal - Open to splits on both - PM if interested
10. Siborg - 3x BB Ale, 1x BB Wheat, 1 bairds med crystal (splitting with 4*)
11. Maple - 1 x Wey Smoked, 1 x TF Golden Promise, 1 x BB Galaxy
12. Wolfy - 1x Wey Munich, 1x TF MarrisOtter, 1x BB Wheat
13. Zebba - 1x Wey Vienna, 1x BB Pils
14. Razz - 1 x Dingemanns Pils
15. HoppingMad - 1x BB Pils, 1x BB Wheat

16. Leigh - 2x BB Ale

if anyone drops out or wants less -

17.Mitternacht Brauer - 1 x Bairds Peated Distilling malt (medium)

18. christmasbender - 1 x TF Maris Otter

how about we start a small waiting list on the off chance someone drops out (it does happen, i know from experience)

Who knows, you might get lucky and they allow it onto the order. After all, we aint getting it delivered its a pickup. so it doesnt really have to fit onto a pallet.

It's minimum 20 bags, max 36 per pallet. As far as I know you don't have to have full pallets, otherwise how does the 20 sack minimum work

I don't need / want anymore, but a few people soun like they do.

A 20 sack buy thread could always be started !

Ross explained that Cryer impose a handling charge for orders below 20 bags, hence the 20 bag limit if the keen pricing is to apply. If the interest in this BB is anything to go by, filling another 20 bags in the not too distant future should be fairly easy.

Sorry I'm unable to help with a second pallet - with my particular trailer, I would be pushing the boundaries with all up weight and, just as important, weight distribution.

Reserves included:

2. AndyTork - 1x Wey Munich II, 1x Wey Carafa Special II (will split this, anyone PM if interested), 1x TF Golden Promise
6. Fourstar - 2x BB Ale
7. BCP 1xDingemanns Pils
8. Cocko - 1x BB Galaxy
9. Komodo - 1x Wey Carahell, 1x BB Dark Crystal - Open to splits on both - PM if interested
12. Wolfy - 1x Wey Munich, 1x TF MarrisOtter, 1x BB Wheat
16. Leigh - 2x BB Ale

Reserves
17. Mitternacht Brauer - 1 x Bairds Peated Distilling malt

Reserves included:

6. Fourstar - 2x BB Ale
7. BCP 1xDingemanns Pils
8. Cocko - 1x BB Galaxy
12. Wolfy - 1x Wey Munich I, 1x TF MarrisOtter, 1x BB Wheat
16. Leigh - 2x BB Ale

Reserves
17. Mitternacht Brauer - 1 x Bairds Peated Distilling malt

Figured I'd better add the type of Munich before you confirm availability.
I may be able to come and pickup my 3 bags directly on the day - if required, and if it makes it easier for you.
Not sure how many I could fit in my car (probably not many), but there may be some people closer to this side of the city who could get theirs from me.

Not sure how many I could fit in my car (probably not many), but there may be some people closer to this side of the city who could get theirs from me.

For those interested, where exactly are you located? :icon_cheers:

Upon doing inventory last night, I've just filled my base malt requirements, but would go some splits in specialties should another bulk buy be put together in the near future.

I can stick 20 bags in the back of my 4wd without any issues, so can volunteer this if required. I could even hook up the trailer if required :huh:

If order was really big, could get access to a heavy rigid to do the collection and get it forklifted off at ferntree gully for a few brew donations to the operator.

Wolfy is in Berwick (outer sth-east).

And yes, wolfy, I would be interested, but I'm not stressed either way.

Might take either Wolfy or Andy up on their offer (depends which one of you has space on the day), 15th is looking bad for me for pickup at this stage :(

Updated my profile, but as Zebba said, in Berwick, which is near him and Maple (I think).

Mostly I was just making the offer if it would make it easier for Stubbie, I don't want to complicate things or make it more difficult for him, maybe he had not planned on 36 bags of grain. ;)

sweeto burrito! :D

I'd probably be going to the original location as ive got to split grain with two others anyway.

Might take either Wolfy or Andy up on their offer (depends which one of you has space on the day), 15th is looking bad for me for pickup at this stage :(
There are a few of us in the area Leigh, so even if Wolfy or Andy aren't up for it I'm sure someone can hold onto yours for ya ;)

Cheers guys. I will check in with you all closer to the date, just in case one of you has a change of plans :)

hey, fourstar. Do you have scales?

Also, I've been thinking about what I'm going to store my grains in (first bulk buy). I just don't want to have loose bags lying around. I know beerbelly keeps his in those plastic rectangle containers, but I'm not sure what capacity they are. The problem is that all the containers I have looked at are in litres. Does anyone know how much grain I could fit in, say a 50L tub? A whole bag of 25kg?

hey, fourstar. Do you have scales?

Also, I've been thinking about what I'm going to store my grains in (first bulk buy). I just don't want to have loose bags lying around. I know beerbelly keeps his in those plastic rectangle containers, but I'm not sure what capacity they are. The problem is that all the containers I have looked at are in litres. Does anyone know how much grain I could fit in, say a 50L tub? A whole bag of 25kg?
The big 20lt white Coleslaw containers are good, you fit about 15kg of uncracked grain in each. Plus, they're food safe.

Just go to your local roast chicken shop and ask if he's got any. My guys reply was "yep, how many you want?"

The big 20lt white Coleslaw containers are good, you fit about 15kg of uncracked grain in each. Plus, they're food safe.

Just go to your local roast chicken shop and ask if he's got any. My guys reply was "yep, how many you want?"

So if 20L = ~15KG, then 50L should more than cover what I need for a whole 25Kg

I've got some 48lt tubs Siborg and I generally can't get a whole bag into one of those. You may go close with wheat malt. I use 80lt tubs for my base malts and a bag goes in easy.

Back