Melbourne Eaurthquakes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird feeling I've never noticed earthquake before

Checked the Beer then remembered to check the kids

Felt it out in werribee, thought the dog would notice before I did. Lazy bugger slept through the whole thing.

Not something i expect in victoria.

Did you feel it Hammo? I was out walking and didn't feel shit, but my wife said her chair was shaking at home. Young lady down at the pub said her house was shaking.
Nah mate, I was too busy brewing!
Friends in Albury though have reported tremors.
The ground must be stable here in Thurgoona!

I didn't feel anything here either. Well it wasn't enough to get my attention anyway.

My wife thought it was me...........I was impressed by my performance.

Was felt here in Brunswick. Thought the dog was up shaking himself only to look over and he was asleep in front of the heater!

The missus reakons there was an after shock around 4. Apparently the door flung open!

Bloody gosts I said!

I turned the dryer off in case it was that pile of crap shaking the house.
Didn't fill Mr with confidence about the structural integrity of the house

it was impressive, the cat jumped out from in front of the fire and onto my lap, nearly spilt my beer. one dog thought it was possums, the other, slept through it. i was worried it may have been some kind of explosion.

unfortunately there was not a gaping hole where work was ment to be this morning

reminded me of the 7.4 i was once in in LA many moons ago. that was scary, and i was shattered, they shut down all the rides at universal. bastards.

A mate text me this last night.. :D

Injuries from earthquake: 0

Injuries from people rushing to their computer to update their facebook status after the earthquake: 7,238,233

i was worried it may have been some kind of explosion.
Gotta admit that the first thing I did was look up and down the street to see if the gas transmission main had let go anywhere.

Australia sits on the Indo-Australian tectonic plate that is moving slowly North East and every now and again some pressure builds up somewhere then gets released, as happened in Newcastle a few decades ago. In the case of Newcastle much of the downtown is built on sandy Hunter sediment which "liquefied" with the resulting collapses.

Australian_plate.jpg

Didn't Can-beer-a get a jolt just the other week?

Gotta admit that the first thing I did was look up and down the street to see if the gas transmission main had let go anywhere.

A workmates wife came out of the bedoom and said to him that she thought it was aliens. She was serious too.. :lol:

Order of events:
1 puzzled
2 shit myself
3 laugh
4 oh shit, check the kids
5 check my milk crates full of bottles weren't smashed all over the garage

On all accounts, good.

Order of events:
1 puzzled
2 shit myself
3 laugh
4 oh shit, check the kids
5 check my milk crates full of bottles weren't smashed all over the garage

On all accounts, good.

you checked the kids BEFORE your beer?

Brad, please hand in your AHB membership... :lol:

You should have gone with "let go" instead, IMO.

Leave this to the professionals.

Yeh. This one seemed to last a long time - maybe 20 seconds? May be epicentred out Wonthaggi way like the last one a year or so ago.
it was in Trafalgar i live in Traralgon was a good 20 to 30 seconds shook a fair amount morwell was some damage in supermarkets and nqr has most of its shop shut as shelves were collapsed in and barely holding the other ones they say something like east of moe but that is were Trafalgar is i think they said that so people knew where it is

Latest posts

Back