Melbourne Eaurthquakes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heard they had a bigger one in NZ at the same time.

Hopefully not as bad as the last one.

apparently it was a 5.2 magnitude, with an epicenter 10kms south-west of Moe, Victoria.

my family in Shepparton, 180kms north of Melb felt it. I certainly felt it too, although it wasn't massive in my house (melb northern suburbs).

Everyone in my house felt it, but I didn't. Apparently people as far north as Yarrawonga have felt it.

Aftershocks anyone?

When I lived in Maryborough QLD we had a tremor in 1982 - I thought "what's that bloody great truck doing coming down our quiet street?" - felt like a massive council roadworks grader or something, shaking the ground and house . Ran out to the verandah and the street was empty.

Workmates lives in Traralgon. Said it shook for 40 seconds and knocked dishes off his bench.

Rattly as.**** for fit 20_ 40 sec. fucked up. Since im home with kids alone. Missus isout and I've been drinking....

got the same thing in north subs. just spoke to a work mate and his folks
felt it in paynesville.

Im from paynesville but i haven't checked with the parents yet.

didn't notice anything in coburg

Felt it in Pascoe Vale, I was on the phone to the old man in Smoko (Bright) some 350kms from here and he felt it 5 seconds after I did. What a crazy place we live in

victoria_on_the_move.jpg

My missus is a kiwi from christchurch. recons I Should harden up. Fair really. Still if u haven't experienced it before....
Be sides bloody global warming fucks everything up... Go...non believers, philistines, troglodyte etc...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'genuine recycled photo' bribie??

but, on a serious note, hope no one has had too much damage. I live 500km's away, felt absolutely nothing. But then again, im not surprised. Nothing out of the ordinary ever happens in this dump lovely regional centre....

stay safe all y'all....

My missus is a kiwi from christchurch. recons I Should harden up. Fair really. Still if u haven't experienced it before....
Be sides bloody global warming fucks everything up... Go...non believers, philistines, troglodyte etc...

its not global warming that is some bullshit made up by bob brown to get gillard to take all our money
im telling ya the earth is so ******* cold its shaking

seriously though i hope all you guys are O.K.

cheers: HBK

Shook the house for 10- 20 seconds in Woodend.
Thought it was my house mate and his new lady friend.

Apparently we got it as far as Albury as well..
Did you feel it Hammo? I was out walking and didn't feel shit, but my wife said her chair was shaking at home. Young lady down at the pub said her house was shaking.

Back