Megajet 100 Btu Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The $20 voucher is for purchaces over $100 but within a month. Just a coicidence the catalouge came out exactly on the same date the voucher ended .

Or is it just me luck as usual . It also says regular retail price so guessing not on sale items. :angry:

Bugger I paid a $169 for it earlier this year cut the legs off it and welded it to my brew stand . This is one serious burner . Have done 6-7 brews with the one 9kg cylinder , great value .

Leachim

It's quite loud. I have to turn it down for a 40L boil or I evap too much

ok I was in bcf looking at regs they had a low pressure one it said 2.75kpa then seen they had a high pressure one and it said 2.8kpa I asked the guy at the counter he looked and said fucked if I know!!! lol he said a guy ordered a medium pressure adjustable one think it was $54 it is 5kpa to 15kpa so there is your medium pressure range I guess. I went to BOC got a lpg reg for a oxy set it does 500kpa but from 0-500kpa and has a gauge but it goes up in 50kpa so bit guess really. I wanted to put a argon gauge on as it goes up in 10kpa but guy at BOC said ones gas and ones liquid and gave me a number of a guy that fixes them he said it be best to use the argon as they read the gas going out as LPG is gas when extracted which I thought all along but he said it can be done but he doesnt recommend it lol.

Also said if the gauge is lower then the output on the reg (this one is 500kpa) then they have to take the reg apart and adjust it so you cant put more then the gauge allows as it wont read it lol. As I told him It will be at like 5-10Kpa as I got a 3 ring burner so doubt I reach 500kpa lol

I bought the burner only (2 of) from bbq's galore for $50 each. Bcf wouldnt sell me the burner only.

Just went and purchased mine today, the store signed me up to the club on the spot and walked out with it for the discount price. Seems like a sturdy piece of equipment for the price i think its great!
If anyone wants more details I'll be happy to answer.

I'm keen to get off the stove top and onto a burner but would like to do it gradually for $ sake. I like the look of this burner but do you reckon it is going to cause problems with only a 19L pot? i.e. burn wort etc. I am def getting a bigger pot down the track but will have to stick to my current method for a bit.

+ 1 for Jace's comments on the stand and burner .

I also grabbed one today and will have a bit of a play with it over the weekend .

See they had crab cookers 37.8 ltr with the inner strainer thing for $ 79 as well .

Just been outside playing with the new toy .

What a difference . The 3 ring burner took ( I was mucking around with hights) 110 minutes to get from 10 deg to 70 deg . And another 60 minutes to get it to the boil .

The Megajet took 28 min to get from 10 to 70 deg and was boiling at 46 min .

I like it :D

Both times the keg had approx 37 ltrs in it .

Todd

Got one of these today. I have not had a chance to try it yet but it looks pretty solid. The stand would comfortably hold at least a 40L pot I think. Now all I need is a decent sized pot:p

I grabbed one on Saturday and had a quick play with it.

The frame seems pretty strong. I'm 115kg and I stood on the burner stand without it flexing too much.
It's pretty loud while running!

I got the last one they had in stock in the Richmond, SA store today and am itching to get it going... or maybe that is twitching... :blink:

I missed the post that bbqs galore had them for $50, if thats the case I may have considered that and matching it up to a medium pressure adjustable reg from a LHB store. Would have added up to the same give or take but I thinking a slightly better reg. I'm not worried though as all the feedback seems great, and if down the track I need a regulator, I'll get a medium or high pressure adjustable.

Let's see who the neighbours call when she is cranking on the weekend. :beer:

Latest posts

Back