Megajet 100 Btu Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pourmeanother

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Megajet 100 BTU burner on sale at BCF for $119 med pressure reg and 1.2 m hose for members .

Has anybody got one of these and are they suitable for boiling a Keggle ?

Cheers Todd

Hey Guys

Megajet 100 BTU burner on sale at BCF for $119 med pressure reg and 1.2 m hose for members .

Has anybody got one of these and are they suitable for boiling a Keggle ?

Cheers Todd

That's a cracker of a price! I'd be all over like flies to shit if i needed one. Come to think of it....i could use it...nah.....maybe fathers day....already got a burner......this is better than mine though......

Catalogue says high pressure regulator.

It'll have no problem boiling a keggle. Probably send a rocket to the moon aswell. My 3 ring puts out around a third of that i recall properly, and i have no problem with boiling 46lt of wort in my 50lt keggle. Apart from the odd boilover when my back is turned.

EDIT: the only thing i'd double check is the strength of the legs and what they are rated at for weight. A full keggle if doing a double batch will be bloody heavy. Probably around 65kg - approx 50kg for full keggle depending on your boil volume, plus i reckon mine must weigh close to 12,15 kilo's when empty.

There's a couple of thread on here
One of the threads

At 100BTU it will kit a keggles arse! (they are adjustable, so no problems)

Even if later you want to do doubles etc it will work.

QldKev

I'm sold - I was looking at one of those as well, moving house in afew weeks and slowly putting bits together to go BIAB

cheers for the link for more info QLDKev

Ok.... going out on a limb here but who are BCF and is there a link to their website please?

That's a cracker of a price! I'd be all over like flies to shit if i needed one. Come to think of it....i could use it...nah.....maybe fathers day....already got a burner......this is better than mine though......

Catalogue says high pressure regulator.

It'll have no problem boiling a keggle. Probably send a rocket to the moon aswell. My 3 ring puts out around a third of that i recall properly, and i have no problem with boiling 46lt of wort in my 50lt keggle. Apart from the odd boilover when my back is turned.

EDIT: the only thing i'd double check is the strength of the legs and what they are rated at for weight. A full keggle if doing a double batch will be bloody heavy. Probably around 65kg - approx 50kg for full keggle depending on your boil volume, plus i reckon mine must weigh close to 12,15 kilo's when empty.

My bad Nath

Must have got a little excited . High pressure Reg it does say .

Might head over there tomorrow and grab one . Already half way through building a rig for my BIAB setup .

Did a test run with 3 burner on sunday and wasnt overly impressed with the time it took to get to certain temps ect .

Need to get a reg and hose anyway so might as well go all the way and get them altoghter then build it into rig .

Solves all probs at once .

Gonna grab one of these tomorrow. Ill find out what the stand can hold and get back to you guys!

Noticed it said club member price??????

Surely you can become a member with them after filling out a stupid form....at least that's what most retailers seem to do.

Was beaten to it

Only did this a month ago and forgotten what I had to do already lol .

Think it went like this

Joined up in store they give you a plastic membership card . Which you can use I think only after you register online .

You also get a $20 off voucher that you have to print out ans is valid for a month . Dont think they would let you us it on the specials list but.

See how you go .

Cheers Todd B)

I have two. Boils up 50L of keggle no worries. The reg says 2kg/hr, 150kPa. Beerbelly's medium pressure reg goes up to 207kPa so the BCF one's claim of "High Pressure" may be a bit off.

If I remember right, signing up to be a member for free in store/online whatever let's you get a 10-20% discount on your next purchase. A little hazy on the details, this was all half a year ago and I nearly bought one of them but they were working out same price as Italian spirals back then so didn't and paid a brewshop instead.

Rang 'em a while ago about these and was told the regulator is a low pressure one - I think i didn't get the brightest shop attendant. He also said i should rig it without a regulator if i really wanted high pressure :excl: (DISCLAIMER: DO NOT DO THAT! YOU WILL BLOW YOURSELF UP!)

Low pressure is about 2.75kPa so 150kPa is a few more...

I have a spiral burner from a camping shop with adjustable medium pressure regulator from Pat at Absolute Homebrew - its the ducks nuts and heaps of control - can run it down to about 0.5kg/hour all the way up to Ludicrous Speed

Rang 'em a while ago about these and was told the regulator is a low pressure one - I think i didn't get the brightest shop attendant. He also said i should rig it without a regulator if i really wanted high pressure :excl: (DISCLAIMER: DO NOT DO THAT! YOU WILL BLOW YOURSELF UP!)

Low pressure is about 2.75kPa so 150kPa is a few more...

I have a spiral burner from a camping shop with adjustable medium pressure regulator from Pat at Absolute Homebrew - its the ducks nuts and heaps of control - can run it down to about 0.5kg/hour all the way up to Ludicrous Speed
More good reasons to stick with LHBS where possible.

Would be great to have a LHBS. When everything you order adds $30+ to the price, a local BCF gets the sale sometimes.

Back