Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry ausdb they are all gone

Hey Edak, good to hear it went well, I have just updated to 1.0.1 to see if my code caused errors, it compiled well. just a quick question were you using a .pde version or the .ino version

cheers steve
It was the one in the zip file in your signature, which i thought was the latest one...

It was the one in the zip file in your signature, which i thought was the latest one...

it is, what did you have to change?

I'm using the linux version by the way

Hi Matho,

I have finished soldering your kit and also the Bonjuino.
I am new to all the arduino so just have two more questions.

1/ How do I communicate with kits? eg leads etc.
2/ Do I need to download a software package or anything else?

Cheers
Reg :beer:

Matho will not be replying to threads or PM for a while.

He has asked me to let you all know, So please dont feel offended if he does not reply he has a few family issues ATM and would be good if we all respect that.

Thanks all hope you understand!

Hi Matho,

Cheers

Hey Reg,

How you talk to the arduino depends on the one you choose, most have a USB connection, so you can program it directly with your PC. However some don't have a USB connection (Bonjuino included), which means you need a separate programmer to do the work. Either way all you need is the Arduino software to program it.

Personally I would get one with USB, makes it easier.

cheap option (4 week lead time)

quick option 1

quick option 2

Hi Matho,

Cheers
Sorry Reg, I missed this post.

There is no immediate need to update the software on the bonjuino for the brauduino shield because it is already at the latest version. If you wish to modify the code, you will need one of the programmers like what edak linked above, mathos code, and the arduino software (version 1 or higher).

Sorry Reg, I missed this post.

There is no immediate need to update the software on the bonjuino for the brauduino shield because it is already at the latest version. If you wish to modify the code, you will need one of the programmers like what edak linked above, mathos code, and the arduino software (version 1 or higher).

Hah, I didn't know that Bonj had code on it by default.

I dusted off the old AVRISP to program it and never powered it up before that...

I dusted off the old AVRISP to program it and never powered it up before that...
I flash all the atmegas with the brauduino code because that is by far the most common purpose for the bonjuino. It's little effort for me to flash the lot of them, and makes it a cheaper turnkey option for anyone that doesn't want to do it themselves.

:lol: , I probably should've mentioned that when I sent it to you

Hi guys,

I had asked Matho this question via pm, but since he is away away for a bit I wonder if someone here can help?

I have a bonjuino on the way, thanks bonj.

As such I am working with the build guide Matho has created and am wondering where the best place is to purchase all the parts to make the brauduino shield?

Even better would be if someone who has built one might be able to pm me a list with part no's etc.

Cheers
Rob

Hi guys,

I had asked Matho this question via pm, but since he is away away for a bit I wonder if someone here can help?

I have a bonjuino on the way, thanks bonj.

As such I am working with the build guide Matho has created and am wondering where the best place is to purchase all the parts to make the brauduino shield?

Even better would be if someone who has built one might be able to pm me a list with part no's etc.

Cheers
Rob

Pretty sure there was a parts list hidden somewhere amongst the posts in this thread, have you read the whole thread from the start?

Cheers
Dan

Edit: Here's the assembly instructions

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&id=54778

You will still need to get the pcb manufactured, apparently they the mob that was doing them does them in a batch of 10 for $33. I will buy a couple off you if you get 10 made.

Second Edit: Here's the parts list

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&id=53997

Hi dmac

I will be getting some boards made up, I will happily put you down for as many as you need.

I have printed and read the docs several times now.

There is a shield parts list doc, but it does not really indicate a supplier or their part numbers.

I was just hoping to get a shortcut here, otherwise I will just do some looking around. Potentially looking at element14 for this gear.

Cheers
Rob

Hi dmac

I will be getting some boards made up, I will happily put you down for as many as you need.

I have printed and read the docs several times now.

There is a shield parts list doc, but it does not really indicate a supplier or their part numbers.

I was just hoping to get a shortcut here, otherwise I will just do some looking around. Potentially looking at element14 for this gear.

Cheers
Rob

I managed to edit the post above you before i realised that you replied......

The second link has supplier and part numbers, and i'll take whatever pcb's you don't want. I'm sure they'll come in useful.

Cheers
Dan

I managed to edit the post above you before i realised that you replied......

The second link has supplier and part numbers, and i'll take whatever pcb's you don't want. I'm sure they'll come in useful.

Cheers
Dan
Thanks Dan

That was exactly what I needed.

I will let you know once I have the boards.

Cheers
Rob

I'll jump on board for a PCB if there's any available.

Bonj, do you have any intent for another run of Bonjuinos?

I'll jump on board for a PCB if there's any available.

Bonj, do you have any intent for another run of Bonjuinos?
I will probably do another run. I'll put your name on the list and when we get enough (around 6 or 7, depending on parts prices and exchange rate), I can do another batch.

I'm still waiting on the microcontrollers to arrive for the current batch, sorry to those waiting on them. I expected to have them already, bu my supplier took a week longer than normal to ship them, which is a pain.

Hi dmac

Cheers
Rob
I will also grab a PCB if you are having some made, if you don't mind

Maybe we could look at a bulk purchase of the major components?

I will also grab a PCB if you are having some made, if you don't mind

Maybe we could look at a bulk purchase of the major components?

Luke and ausdb,

I will put each of you down for a board. They should come to bugger all in cost, so we can sort that out later.

I am preparing the files and order now.

Rob.

Latest posts

Back