Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke and ausdb,

I will put each of you down for a board. They should come to bugger all in cost, so we can sort that out later.

I am preparing the files and order now.

Rob.

Rob,
Can you put me down for a board as well it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Paul

Hah! It's all good, I actually like to confirm that everything works well and now I have the device set up for any customisations you might want.

Awesome, I've got a couple of minor alts in mind
Finally got around to Jaycar today & picked up the rest of the parts I needed, time to start cutting & drilling the enclosure!

[RANT]
Anyone else notice the PP-4009 clip in socket fits a panel thickness of 0.8 - 3mm
PP4009.jpg
But the PS-4002 only fits up to 1mm.
PS4002.jpg
I've only got two to do but what a pain in the ass trimming the tabs if you had to use them all the time.
I suppose most of them are used in metal panels but if they can allow for it in the PP-4009's why not the other.
Jaycar also have blue ones but they only allow for 1.2mm. The screw in type are too big to fit in the space available.
I ended up using a razor blade to trim the tabs but no doubt electronics wizards have a special tool to cut them with.
[/RANT]
I've also decided I'm going to get a blue one so I can colour code the march pump & heating element differently.
Matho sure did a fantastic job planning the real estate with this box though.
Now I've just got to wait a week for the Chinese to finish their holiday before my power supply is sent :( then probably another two for the postman to deliver :lol:

Just let you know that I've made up some stick on facia panels for the Braudino, and posted a thread in the Gear and Equipment section.

Not sure if its cosha to post in 2 places, sorry if it isn't.

Cheers,

bit quiet at work today, made a few of these:

View attachment 57614

Nice!

Although I am sure you have the tools for cutting your enclosure, if you need a hand with anything let me know.

You can use that same vinyl sticker material to make a nice face for your box, which means you don't have to have a nice even cut out for your LCD, just use a clear piece of plastic for a window and use the vinyl to create a bezel/decoration.

Am considering doing it with mine.

Hi Guys,

Looking at the partsa on mathos electronics list the COM-10509 does not seem to exist on Littlebird anymore.

Would this COM-00100 be a suitable replacement?

Thanks
Rob

Hi Guys,

Looking at the partsa on mathos electronics list the COM-10509 does not seem to exist on Littlebird anymore.

Would this COM-00100 be a suitable replacement?

Thanks
Rob

Rob I've put together the brauduino with all parts apart from the relay and connector from jaycar.

What part exactly is the COM-10509??

Rob I've put together the brauduino with all parts apart from the relay and connector from jaycar.

What part exactly is the COM-10509??
Hey Pete,

That is the relay. From everything I can tell, this is the replacement for the one that matho used which has been discontinued.

Rob.

Superoo,
Its only switching the pump, the little brown pump I'm using draws only 0.8A

Also try rs components as their prices include postage, so are good for one off purchases, and i also happen to know that that is where matho bought the ones for his kits.

I haven't been able to reply lately because my 5 yo daughter has been in intensive care because of a seizure, she has sustained brain damage but how much is permanent we don't know, she has got out of ICU today and is in the neuro ward.

As for the relay I picked it because I could get it from RS and it was also on little bird but then they removed it from little bird, it can always be changed if the boards haven't been ordered yet, just find a relay that is about the same size because it is fairly close to the arduino. I'm really happy to see new boards are being made up and the brauduino project getting a life of its own.

I'll be spending most of the next week in hospital with my daughter.

cheers steve

Wishing your daughter and yourselves well Matho, hope all goes very well for her, you're in our thoughts mate.

Cheers,
Chris and Josie.

Matho, I am sorry to hear of your daughter's illness, and am sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we are wishing her a full and speedy recovery.

Matho, I am sorry to hear of your daughter's illness, and am sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we are wishing her a full and speedy recovery.
Completely agree.

Back