Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked the space Dropbox and it works.
In this space you will find 3 folders:

1. MANUALS
  2. PCB
  3. FIRMWARE:
  • The latest Version: (Released)
  • The Beta Version: (Beta)
  • The Alpha Version: (Alpha)

Thanks max, seems to be working now, was getting a 404 error earlier on

Hi everyone! I have finished my system using the ardbir project and I'm very satisfied with the results. I have made a little change in the firmware, translating it to portuguese. Anyone interested I can send the archive. Thank you for everybody envolved in this project. Regards,
Claudio

Hi Max,

Updated Russian manual is available at the same place - http://goo.gl/V8200l . Changes:

1. Programming hops boiling times updated according to your examples.
2. Necessity to reset EEPROM was outlined with red.
3. Explanation of missing Cyrillic symbols in most LCDs, 8 customizable symbols in them for getting Russian and their usage in ArdBir was added.
4. "Arduino cookbook 2nd edition" by Michael Margolis was recommended - as people ask too simple questions.

Spent all afternoon ordering everything, and by that I mean I still have some bits to chase down over the next week. Need less to say I can now recite my credit card details by heart. I'll start putting it together once all the bits are here, and the stand has been made at the fab shop.

ohh yeah controller is ready to go into it's little case

JackOfShadows said:
Hi Max,

Updated Russian manual is available at the same place - http://goo.gl/V8200l . Changes:

1. Programming hops boiling times updated according to your examples.
2. Necessity to reset EEPROM was outlined with red.
3. Explanation of missing Cyrillic symbols in most LCDs, 8 customizable symbols in them for getting Russian and their usage in ArdBir was added.
4. "Arduino cookbook 2nd edition" by Michael Margolis was recommended - as people ask too simple questions.
I have shared your link in dropbox folder.

Thanks

Updated Files:
- Manual Russian Rev2
- ArdBir (Release) 2.6.63b4 (with 20x4 PORTUGUESE)
- ArdBir (Beta) 2.6.63d1 (with 20x4 PORTUGUESE)

Thanks to:
- A. Moiseyev for Russian Manual
- A. Mondejar for Spanish Translation
- C. M. Macedo for Portuguese Translation

Hey guys,

A quick questions on the controller build.

I have Lael's kit, with the power sockets being the computer power supply type (IEC)
I have 1 x iec inlet rated at 15A, and 2 x outlets rated at 10amp.

I will be running a 3k element. So pushing more like 15amp.

Will the plugs be ok running these amperages? should i replace out of the outlet plugs for the heater to a 15amp?

I would assume someone has run more than a 2200w element through one of the kits.

Any thoughts?

A 3000W load on a nominal 240V outlet would be 12.5A current draw. You can do this with a 15A breaker, BUT it must be a 'dedicated' circuit, at least while you are brewing. This means there can't be other significant loads on that circuit, since you do not have much margin left. There is enough for the pump and electronics, since the pump adds only ~30W, and the control is comparatively negligible.

The breakers will trip when about +20% rated current. I was using this same scenario with my electric car, which was how the EVSE interface was designed for trickle charge. I have since upgraded to a 40A circuit so I could take advantage of the full 6.6kW std charger capability.

Dave

The house/shed wiring side of things is fine. I have that covered.

My question was more related to the actual plugs used in the mathos controller build.

As you state, 3000w is around 12.5amps... How does that work going through a 10 amp IEC outlet?

Always best to stay within rating, and I am not real familiar with the IEC 10A sockets, but looking at them, I am thinking it would be OK with 16awg wire and std PVC insulation, or 18awg with high temp insulation. It comes down to allowable temp rise on the wire/conductor/terminal. They are normally rated for a high ambient temp with some margin included.

Help please

below is the sketch off the Arudiono program and it is asking (ONEWIRE DOES NOT NAME A TYPE)

// sensor and lcd
#define ONE_WIRE_BUS 8
OneWire oneWire(ONE_WIRE_BUS); THIS PART IS ASKING (ONEWIRE DOES NOT NAME A TYPE)
DallasTemperature sensors(&oneWire);

//OneWire ds(8);

LiquidCrystal lcd(A4, A5, 2, 3, 4, 5);

// push buttons
const char Button_up = A2;
const char Button_dn = A3;
const char Button_start = A0;
const char Button_enter = A1;

// outputs
const byte Heat = 6;
const byte Pump = 9;
const byte Buzz = 7;

Hi Neo_04

You should use 15A sockets. Limited range at Jaycar or more from RS etc
10A ones can melt.
Would depend on the wire in the cable and attached inside your control box. Safer to use correct fittings for the job.

James
zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Neo - Yeah on second thought everything on the power output side of the circuit really would need to be reviewed to make sure of correct sizing for your application. IEC sockets seem unnecessary anyway, less cost to wire directly or use terminal blocks. --Dave

Cavemanbrew said:
Help please

below is the sketch off the Arudiono program and it is asking (ONEWIRE DOES NOT NAME A TYPE)

// sensor and lcd
#define ONE_WIRE_BUS 8
OneWire oneWire(ONE_WIRE_BUS); THIS PART IS ASKING (ONEWIRE DOES NOT NAME A TYPE)
DallasTemperature sensors(&oneWire);

//OneWire ds(8);

LiquidCrystal lcd(A4, A5, 2, 3, 4, 5);

// push buttons
const char Button_up = A2;
const char Button_dn = A3;
const char Button_start = A0;
const char Button_enter = A1;

// outputs
const byte Heat = 6;
const byte Pump = 9;
const byte Buzz = 7;
This ALPHA Version use the DallasTemperature library, you need to download it.

I have updated the file with the correction for use the DallasTemperature library with all PCB, Portuguese language 20x4 and I have added the DallasTemperature library file.

To clarify, there are 3 versions of firmware:
Release: current and stable version of the firmware
Beta: Version with modifications and / or proposals for improvements to the firmware
Alpha: Experimental version

The current differences between the versions are these:
Beta:
  • How the released version but with a change affecting the setting of the PID parameter kI rescaled to 1/4 of the value of the released version and change the range setting of this parameter
  • Modification of the operation of the output during the duty cycle from 0-100 to a minimum value proportional to the current temperature.

Alpha:
  • How the Beta version with the use of the library Dallas. This library allows a more accurate temperature reading at the expense of increased occupancy of space for code

Latest posts

Back