Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steve.

I've got another one...

The wiring diagram in your PDF indicates that the live AC for a 240v pump setup is switched directly by the shield... is that the case, or have I misinterpreted?

In either case, is it possible to run 12v DC to the pump switching input terminal (on the shield), and then the output to a secondary SSR which switches 240AC to the pump?

I've read some users are having issues with EMI when using 240v pumps... would this solution perhaps help reduce this, or is it a separate issue?

Cheers, and thanks for sharing such a great project with the world!

Gabe said:
Thanks Steve.

I've got another one...

The wiring diagram in your PDF indicates that the live AC for a 240v pump setup is switched directly by the shield... is that the case, or have I misinterpreted?

Yes you can run 240v through the relay, I put enough clearance between the tracks to handle 240v

In either case, is it possible to run 12v DC to the pump switching input terminal (on the shield), and then the output to a secondary SSR which switches 240AC to the pump?

Yep that could be done too, using a SSR to switch the pump would probably work and most SSR have internal snubber circuits too.

I've read some users are having issues with EMI when using 240v pumps... would this solution perhaps help reduce this, or is it a separate issue?

It does have something to do with switching 240v, whether or not it a problem with the arduino or the LCD I haven't worked out yet.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing such a great project with the world!

Some electronic understood I could make a diagram of how to connect a ssr 220v pump and in turn the PCB?.

Greetings and thanks.

By the way, very good job saviothecnic.

Both wiring diagrams for 12vdc and 240vac pumps are in the "brauduino controller build1.pdf", the last 2 pages.

QldKev said:
Both wiring diagrams for 12vdc and 240vac pumps are in the "brauduino controller build1.pdf", the last 2 pages.
What I'm saying is connect to one ssr 220v pump to test if it can avoid the problem you have.

Bene oggi ho quasi terminato :D

Inscatolare il tutto non è stato semplice vi posto qualche foto
Come vi ho accennato ho deciso di svincolare elettronica dal blocco meccanico.

Quindi ci sono dei connettori sull' elettronica e sulla parte meccanica

Well today I have almost finished: D

Canning the whole it was not easy I'll post some pictures
As I mentioned I have decided to release the mechanical lock electronics.

Then there are the connectors on the 'electronic and mechanical parts

20131201_180035.jpg

20131201_171125.jpg

20131201_164317.jpg

20131201_121911.jpg

20131201_194931.jpg

Servirebbe un contenitore un pelo più grande circa 2 centimetri per ogni lato compreso altezza
Ma alla fine sono riuscito a farci entrare tutto :D

Certo appena qualcuno risucira a implementarci una tastiera piatta key 4x4
il costo e sopratutto ingombro avra un notevole miglioria ma gia cosi non è niente male :D

Se in questa settimana riesco a finire tutto a breve vi postero il video del test di cotta.

Would need a larger container a hair about 2 inches on each side including height
But in the end I managed to get us all: D

Of course, as soon as someone risucira to implementarci a flat keyboard key 4x4
the cost and size will have a significant improvement especially
but already so it is not bad: D

If this week I can finish everything you posterolateral short video of the test firing.

saviothecnic, I have been following your work on the arduino forum, and I liked it.
Very good job.

Can you please post a link to a post that will tell me how load Mathos arduino programming.

Atb. Aamcle

Download the program from Arduino. Load it and create new file. Cut and paste Mathos code to it. Verify it. Upload it. Then it's on there. Just need the usb cable to plug into your pc.

Danielxan said:
Revision 2 of PCBs Birraduino, to solve a serious problem due to the SPI libraries, that prevent the full use of the D10 as an output pin instead of SS.
Adding polarity selection BackLigjt
Hi,
where can i find list of components for this sheet please?

thx
Andrej

This is really a great forum, I have ordered my kit and as I am in in the US I am looking at a 220v chugger pump. I have seen in the wiring diagrams that the board can handle switching of this. As I do not have electronics background I just want to be sure the board can handle the switching of the 220v pump with our a SSR.

Thanks

I am setting up a recirc biab type setup with mathos controller as the brains. The urn I plan on using has a 3.6kw element, do I need to upgrade the 25a SSR?

Tried searching for this info on here, but no luck.

pat_00 said:
I am setting up a recirc biab type setup with mathos controller as the brains. The urn I plan on using has a 3.6kw element, do I need to upgrade the 25a SSR?

Tried searching for this info on here, but no luck.
I used a 25A SSD on my system drawing only 10A, and it didn't have appropriate cooling (ie no heat sink) and it melted. Still worked though. Strictly speaking the 3.6 kW element will only draw 15A, but if you're yet to buy one spend $2 more and get a 40A. On eBay the 25A units are about $3.70 delivered, the 40A about $5.50 (China of course).
The higher the rating the cooler they run, so I hear.

So even for this controller build a 40A SSR is not overkill? I have one left over from a build I did for my reflux still which I was hopeing to use!

Thing is, I already have a 25a ssr.

I wonder if I'd get away with it if I used a larger heatsink?

Not even a larger one jist one appropriate for the current drawn. This page might be a overkill in the reading department but gives you an idea of what you need! Just use it and if it dies buy a new one :)

Latest posts

Back