Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marvin Lu said:
I mean where are can I buy a Brauduino controller system?
Marvin, I have a Braudino V2 controller kit for sale, 45AUD + shipping. This is from Lael's original batch.

This the braudino shield PCB, PCB Components and 2 line LCD. You need to supply the Arduino, SSRs, case etc.

Full instructions and relevant links:
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/69155-the-brauduino-matho’s-controller-buy-thread/page-19#entry1172975

PM me if you're interested.

Sorry, I think its sold

Stux said:
Wonder who will be the first to adapt this to grain father? Is there an available line to switch between the 500/2000 watt element?
I have one of the original boards running my Braumonster, and I have one of Lael's full kits on order. If I trip over a little more cash, it's something I've thought about doing, can't have a snazzy bit of kit like that just sitting around gathering dust. switching the elements would be done prior to the ssr, not hard to sort out.

I prefer switching LV

SSR--> ELEMENT A
PCB--> SWITCH--<
SSR-->ELEMENT B

Thinking about it more, with the pid, you'd just ignore the 500w element.

The only issue then is what type of temp sensor it used (my bet, the wrong type)

So you need to add another temp probe. Then you're done :)

The new kit comes with the temp probe... so... not a hard thing to do... 10mm drill bit and happy as.

lael said:
The new kit comes with the temp probe... so... not a hard thing to do... 10mm drill bit and happy as.
Depending on how it's mounted in the grainfather, you might be able to just unscrew the existing one...

I have added 2 new parameter for setting pump: ON/OFF during Mash and ON/OFF during MashOut.
ArdBir is slowly turning into a universal controller, suited to handle many different situations and leaving full configurability in its entirety.
And all this in just 32K of code.

I'm testing that there are no major problems (I had to review the mapping of EEPROM), as soon as I'm sure that there are no problems there I am promulgating the link for more extensive testing

So,

I was curious, and looked into the Spark Core Shield Shield for potential compatibility with the Braudiuno shield and ArdBir software...

http://docs.spark.io/shields/

The biggest issue I think is that the Shield Shield doesn't connect A3 (or A4 or A5)

// push buttons
const char Button_up = A3;
const char Button_dn = A2;
const char Button_start = A1;
const char Button_enter = A0;

A3 is used for the Up button.

Could A3 be connected up to 12?

Also, would need to verify that 5V is not going to go into the A pins... I haven't looked at the circuit diagram :)

ArdBir is full campatible whit Brauduino pcb.
Inside the code are the configuration for 3 PCB (Mathos PCB, DanielXan PCB and ArdBir PCB)

Stux said:
So,

I was curious, and looked into the Spark Core Shield Shield for potential compatibility with the Braudiuno shield and ArdBir software...

http://docs.spark.io/shields/

The biggest issue I think is that the Shield Shield doesn't connect A3 (or A4 or A5)

// push buttons
const char Button_up = A3;
const char Button_dn = A2;
const char Button_start = A1;
const char Button_enter = A0;

A3 is used for the Up button.

Could A3 be connected up to 12?

Also, would need to verify that 5V is not going to go into the A pins... I haven't looked at the circuit diagram :)
Hey Stux,

The old shield won't work with a spark core. The new version in the kit will. One of the key reasons for changes.

Stux said:
Wonder who will be the first to adapt this to grain father? Is there an available line to switch between the 500/2000 watt element?
Done it and it works a trick.
With pid no need to use the low power element.

lael said:
What voltage is the grainfather pump?
240v
It has a cable for he pump and one for the heater, both with iec ends (monitor or kettle style). The thermo well fits a Dallas 18b20 bought off eBay with a waterproof lead and stainless endy bit.

Hi

If your are following our official ArdBir FB page

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Ardbir/606829852720387)

you may know that we are working to re-engineer the board in order to have a stand alone all in one system with atmel atmega328 controller on board, USB-uart converter , LCD display on one side and all components and connectors on the other side

Here is how the board will looks like

And the good news is that PCB are finished and components sourced and in a short time we are ready for testing

Stay tuned
Davide

1423005976271.jpg

1423006008858.jpg

1423006031388.jpg

1423006048708.jpg

The new ArdBir all in one board is almost finished and ready to test

Very compact and well engineered

Stay tuned
Davide

1424128738991.jpg

1424128775591.jpg

Been using this on the grainfather for a few weeks now, just using the 2000w element but I am thinking of running both for quicker ramp ups.
Just built a second one for my mate who just bought a grainfather. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1424335801.482064.jpg

Very neat work! Well done! Love to see some pics of how you laid it all out for the GF. How did you mount it onto the unit?

Latest posts

Back