Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
// SETTING PCB*****
// Select your PCB Version

// Testing PCB
//#include "Pcb_05.h"
//#include "Pcb_11s.h"
//#include "Pcb_14.h"

// Supported PCB
//#include "Pcb_ArdBir_DanielXan.h"
//#include "Pcb_Brauduino_DanielXan.h"
#include "Pcb_Brauduino_Original.h"

------------------------

// SETTING LCD*****
// Select your LCD

// LANGUAGE ITA
//#include "LCD16x2_ITA.h"
//#include "LCD20x4_ITA.h"

// LANGUAGE ENG
//#include "LCD16x2_ENG.h"
#include "LCD20x4_ENG.h"

// LANGUAGE ESP
//#include "LCD16x2_ESP.h"
//#include "LCD20x4_ESP.h"

// LANGUAGE POR
//#include "LCD16x2_POR.h" ** Not Available
//#include "LCD20x4_POR.h"

Rambo said:
Cheers mate, still no luck for me though.
Do you mean "board" from the tools dropdown? If so, I've tried them all.
On my computer I dont even have the option for comports in the device manager, and on my girlfriends computer the USB serial is not showing up when I plug in the arduino.

This is the error I am getting on my GFs computer
arvrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm going to try it on a mates computer over the weekend and if I dont have any luck I may just get a new arduino. The thing thats frustrating me most is that it was working for a while, but just suddenly stopped.... just as I thought I understood what I was doing.
Sorry, you'll need to click on the USB serial device then look at its settings. Also try reinstalling software.

Neo__04 said:
Ok well another little update.

The Pump problem isnt a problem. A trap for young players, have been doing all my testing on usb to make sure everything is ok before wiring up the 240v.
The problem was that a 12v relay wont trigger with the 5v of USB. lol. I should have known that. So the pump is not a problem,

But the buzzer constantly on is still a drama. Advice there would be great!
I assume you have selected the correct board in the code as Max points out...

I had a similar problem. (I accidentally shorted my LCD which killed the transistor) google how to test a transistor with a multimeter, very simple. It is a pretty run-of-the-mill component. It does not need much current. (Only running a buzzer) BUT make sure you test which leg is which! They don't appear to be very standard... Then just make sure you install it as per the wiring schematic- not as per the outline/"flat" drawn on the PCB.
Good luck!

Hi Neo

You have not read the instructions on the first page of the SW manual.

You set the LCD and Language and the PCB correctly but not completely. Your reply chops out the last half dozen lines and that is important.

MaxN68 said:
just one question: how did you set up the following code?
Code:
// SETTING PCB*****
// 
Code:
// SETTING LCD*****
// Select your LCD
//  lcd.begin(16,2);
//  lcd.begin(20,4);

You need to edit this last bit and un comment one of the two lines. The SW manaul says search for the setting LCD and it is a fair way down in the sketch but display does not work if you do not edit this bit.

This has been pointed out by Max and Lael and myself several times.

Give it a go and let us know

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah i left that bit out as i have it set correctly and max was wanting to make sure i had the board correct (output correct)
My board setup is perfect.

I had everything soldered in as per the kit instructions.

But i think something may be up with the circuit board.

In regards to the Q3 transistor, The left top pin goes to ground, the right top pin goes to the negative terminal of the buzzer, and the bottom pin goes through the resistor to output 10. When the output is turned on, the top left and top right pins should short and send ground to the - terminal of the buzzer.

Is someone able to tell me, With the Q3 transistor shown on the board layout attached, with no transistor, should the top 2 pins have a short with no transistor in the board?

board 2.jpg

board1.jpg

The Q3 shouldnt have short circuit all the time between the top two pins, especially if there is no transistor in place. Check for solder or fine pieces of copper on the PCB.

thanks for that deevo, i assumed that was the case.

I have a short on mine, so i'll have to work out what the go is.

Might just wire around it. Will be easier

My new arduino arrived today and I had the program loaded within 5 minutes.

Happiness soon made way to more frustration. When I connected everything up. Only half my screen is showing up.

uploadfromtaptalk1406196424397.jpg

Do I need to replace the screen aswell? Our is there anything else that could be causing this? Appreciate any advice from those who understand the inner workings better than me.

Cheers

I think I did it right...

// SETTING LCD*****
// Select your LCD

// LANGUAGE ITA
//#include "LCD16x2_ITA.h"
//#include "LCD20x4_ITA.h"

// LANGUAGE ENG
#include "LCD16x2_ENG.h"
//#include "LCD20x4_ENG.h"

// LANGUAGE ESP
//#include "LCD16x2_ESP.h"
//#include "LCD20x4_ESP.h"

// LANGUAGE POR
//#include "LCD16x2_POR.h" ** Not Available
//#include "LCD20x4_POR.h"

// *****

Is this right?

Do you mean this part?

// SETTING LCD*****
// Select your LCD
lcd.begin(16,2);
// lcd.begin(20,4);

// SETTING PCB*****
// Select your PCB Version

// Testing PCB
//#include "Pcb_05.h"
//#include "Pcb_11s.h"
//#include "Pcb_14.h"

// Supported PCB
//#include "Pcb_ArdBir_DanielXan.h"
#include "Pcb_Brauduino_DanielXan.h"
//#include "Pcb_Brauduino_Original.h"

hmmmm.... still the same.

I fear that whatever I did to stuff the original arduino has also done something to the screen.

Thanks for your help though mate.

Cheers mate... I'm in Brissy. I'll be in contact soon if I cant work out a solution.

I think the 16x2 LCDs have separate Enable pins for each side of the display. Not sure of the P/N that is used to ID the pin number, but that is something to narrow it down ...still could possibly be a damaged LCD, tho...

Latest posts

Back