Mashmaster Dial Thermometer Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
Ok i now their was thread on here only in the last month dealing with this (i cant find it :angry: )

My dial thermo's screws have fallen out so i have no idea what temp my HLT is at the momment
Ive searched here and sent Mashmaster an email, tried to call but no answer yet.

Can somebody point in the direction of the old thread, or up date me on the outcome.

:icon_cheers:
Kleiny

Ok i now their was thread on here only in the last month dealing with this (i cant find it :angry: )

My dial thermo's screws have fallen out so i have no idea what temp my HLT is at the momment
Ive searched here and sent Mashmaster an email, tried to call but no answer yet.

Can somebody point in the direction of the old thread, or up date me on the outcome.

Kleiny

Heres the thread:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;hl=dismantling

They have a 12 month warranty and will be replaced. My new one arrived this morning from Craftbrewer! Thanks Ross!

Cheers
Steve

Its over 12 months old

but i wouldn't expect the screws to just fall out, if they dont cover fixing it under warranty theirs always just get rid of the glass.\

They should fix it as it is a manufacturing fault. Theirs other courses of action if they dont

Kleiny

Its over 12 months old

but i wouldn't expect the screws to just fall out, if they dont cover fixing it under warranty theirs always just get rid of the glass.\

They should fix it as it is a manufacturing fault. Theirs other courses of action if they dont

Kleiny

Frank at Mashmaster has a different day job...I'm sure you'll get a positive reply once he reads it....there shouldn't be any issue getting a replacement. We replaced Steve's that I believe was over 12 months.

cheers Ross

Guess what?
Screws fell out of mine today...in the middle of the mash <_<

Frank you need to speak to the manufactures about this problem,a little locktite perhaps?

mashmaster_002.jpg

Batz

Guess what?
Screws fell out of mine today...in the middle of the mash <_<

Frank you need to speak to the manufactures about this problem,a little locktite perhaps?

View attachment 24126

Batz

Going for a real sweet mash mate? :ph34r:
(scurrys away to check mine) <_<

Hi Batz,

I'm pretty sure the problem has now been fixed.

cheers Ross

Going for a real sweet mash mate? :ph34r:
(scurrys away to check mine) <_<

I'am fairly well spot on with my setting now Perry so it should be OK
Dial rolls around everywhere so that's not my mash temp. :lol:

you would think they would have fixed a simple issue by know, with all the test data

a bit of lock tight or maybe a diff way of fixing the plate.

I hope frank can help

should hear from him in due time (hope not to be without temp guage for too long ((need to brew)) ^_^

Kleiny

you would think they would have fixed a simple issue by know, with all the test data

a bit of lock tight or maybe a diff way of fixing the plate.

I hope frank can help

should hear from him in due time (hope not to be without temp guage for too long ((need to brew)) ^_^

Kleiny

Mine is at least 12 perhaps 18 months old,so mine would have been issued before the first of the mashmaster bi-metal thermometers had this problem.
It is a bugger as I've just finished the brew and it way off target.I advise anyone with one of these to do a close inspection of the two screws holding the dial face on.
I guarantee you will find it in the process of brewing otherwise.

Batz

Might be the catalyst to go to a digital read style box with a probe to the brew

I like the dial because i can adjust it to calibrate and its easy to see what needs to happen to correct temp,

Also i don't need tom plug the system in to the socket

Frank replaced mine when it broke (a screw fell out).
I just sent him an email with a pic of it.

I used a screwdriver to get the glass off fixed it, elec taped the glass back on and now it sits in the digital temp controlled fridge.

(best of both worlds).

Luke

fridge2.jpg

Frank replaced mine when it broke (a screw fell out).
I just sent him an email with a pic of it.

I used a screwdriver to get the glass off fixed it, elec taped the glass back on and now it sits in the digital temp controlled fridge.

(best of both worlds).

Luke

View attachment 24130

I don't imagine Frank can continue replacing these things forever,after all it been used for 12 months.
Try taking something back to K-Mart after 12 months ? I'am happy enough and will probably buy another.

Batz

I've had three of these now. I bought two, one was a replacement. The screws completely fell out of the first one and fair enough it was replaced without argument so I decided to buy another one and got it sent with the replacement. The screws are now loose in the other two also. At the time when it happened, it was claimed that the problem had been fixed then.

Nothing against you or your business, Frank, you were above board and stand up about it. But I'm done with these things and when the screws do fall out, which won't be long, I'm going to buy a Tel-Tru. They are better made, you don't have to bump them when they get stuck and they respond much more quickly. most importantly, they're not really that much more expensive.

Kleiny sorry I missed your email it may have been picked up by my SPAM filter (I get around 3000 pcs of SPAM a week). Happy to offer a replacement email me [email protected]. These are an old model which did have this issue, I can tell this by the old logo.

Schooey, happy to replace those units with loose screws. I did change the screws between models and did some testings with no issue arising, but understand your disappointment. I am currently in the process of sourcing units from another supplier. Happy to replace with current models, and if you have any issue with those with newer models when they are available in the future (the dial face is likely to shrink to 3 inch but so will the price if the dollar stops falling too)

Cheers Frank knew you would get it sorted.

And another heads up for mashmaster,even after over 12 months use he is replacing this. :super:
I doubt you would receive service like that anywhere else.

Cheers
Batz

Appreciate your offer, Frank, like I said I never wanted to tarnish your name, just wanted you to know about your suppliers product.

Thanks Frank

I knew you would be able to help in some way.

But i doubt you can keep replacing them as it will surely affect your business.

If you've solved the problem it will not affect you again.

Thanks again and i will send another email

Kleiny

Frank
hope this one I designed goes into production
It has the bling factor
Franko

BlackThermo.jpg

After reading the posts about these I took mine off the MLT and gave it a good inspection for loose screws etc, then tested it against an expensive digital one at mash temps and it was SPOT ON and I have had it awhile,
very happy, good piece of kit, :super: sad to hear others have had problems.

Latest posts

Back