Marks Home Brew confirmed to stay open then sold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingy said:
I've had no conformation emails to my last 3 brew builder orders ($150 worth) I rang 2 weeks ago on the new number and was told in a few days he'll have my order sorted. Still waiting. I've been patient. But it's now time to move on to another shop.
Hi Kingy,

If you live in newcastle, call into the shop (not today cos he is closed) and say gday.

Speak with Mark in person and see what the deal is.

I've had no conformation emails to my last 3 brew builder orders ($150 worth) I rang 2 weeks ago on the new number and was told in a few days he'll have my order sorted. Still waiting. I've been patient. But it's now time to move on to another shop.
OK, not worth giving him a reminder first thing today (obviously after the shop opens)?
He was there on Friday arvo and plenty of grain in stock. I made a pickup of a Schneider Weisse clone grain and hop bill.
He has been busy and can be forgetful. Let him know your feelings about his lack of attention (or whatever).

Les

Yea I voiced my opinion and he got the shits lol.i Order grain in advance for a brew weekend and end up not getting grain.maybe I could try again but I'm forever trying to chase my orders up. Like everytime for the last 7 or so orders. It's a shame bcoz I like him and the brewbuilder but his business skills are shit. I'll try again tomorrow but. Blah blah blah.....

I got 3 batches of grain no problems on Friday. I just find as long as you ring to confirm its ready before you drive in to get the order, its usually sweet.

I'm too lazy to get a mill and buy bulk and really do want to support the local shop.

Kingy said:
Yea well I've rang 4 times about my orders now. I've waited many weeks. If I don't order from elsewhere today, another weekend will pass without brewing. Mustn't care much about business anymore. But a man has gotta brew doesn't he.
I am sure that any of the site sponsors would be happy to look after you. :D

Just ring him Kingy, and tell him when you will be down to pick it up. I'm sure he will do it if he knows about it.

SJW said:
Just ring him Kingy, and tell him when you will be down to pick it up. I'm sure he will do it if he knows about it.
all good mate I'm sick of ringing. I rang 2 weeks ago he said he'd sort it out in a few days as he had problems with his internet, fair enough. I wait 2 weeks. Then I ring yesterday morning, and he says he should be getting ontop of it and I'll have my confirmation email before lunch. Still no email. So I ring him just before close time and he says he's getting onto it. Lol.
Still no email today. Get my drift.
I only live 15 mins away (Maryland)but I work long hours and can't get to the shop that's why I need the email with brewbuilder paypal delivery link
Surely it's not that hard!!!
To bad now I'm getting it from elsewhere away from my home town. Might try him in a few months if he's still around.

Does not sound like a good business plan to me if that's the case.

Mark is a nice guy, I've had a few beers with him not so long ago.
But f8ck mate you need to get this shit together, your loosing sales big time. Just put an hour away each night to read and answer emails.

All the best.

Batz

Mini mill, digital scales and 2.5 kg of hops have arrived, sack of base malt ordered and specialty grains will be purchased tomorrow. Time to go solo!

Me and a mate ordered 5 batches yesterday afternoon. Picked them up midday today. All good. Business as usual.

It's odd that Mark has not been on to comment on this thread.

Latest posts

Back