March Pumps - The Situation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This bulk buy thing cracks me up!
Why do we on AHB feel that to save a dollar or two we should have the right to go direct to the supplier to buy goods and in doing so screw the local shop owner of another sale. I think that the explanation from Karl and G & G were great and reflect that fact that we have gotten away with doing this type of BULK BUY thing for a long time and I would guess that its days are numbered.
If you want to buy a new Toyota, give Toni Randall a call at the Altona plant and see if he will do a bulk buy for us, and let me know how u go! :p

The fact that the mud slingers get to slink back to Internet anonymity and the retailer has to wear it very publicly isn't a great outcome in my opinion!

To be fair, I'd never used this retailer before and didn't have an opinion, but after the way this has been handled I have a lot of respect for the retailer and a very positive opinion of him.

So if anything this surely ended up being good PR!

So if anything this surely ended up being good PR!

I agree. I'm on record as bagging Grain and Grape's somewhat substandard website (in my opinion), yet I now have a lot more respect for G&G's operations since this whole saga unfolded, as they were previously somewhat faceless from my point of view. The only interaction i've had with G&G is through their website, due to the tyranny of distance.

I note that John joined the forum specifically to respond to these issues, and I hope he hangs around and continues to participate.

I like the fact that Ross from Craftbrewer takes an active role in this community, and I support Ross's business regularly.

I appreciate freedom of speech etc, but when those views are ill-founded and potentially damaging to someone's reputation (business or otherwise) it starts getting dangerous.

The fact that the mud slingers get to slink back to Internet anonymity and the retailer has to wear it very publicly isn't a great outcome in my opinion!

After reading 3 pages on this, wouldn`t the second sentence in the quote above be pretty close to the mark?
No one seems to be making a comment about that?

stagga.

After reading 3 pages on this, wouldn`t the second sentence in the quote above be pretty close to the mark?
No one seems to be making a comment about that?

stagga.

No stagga was well noted by me. It does beg the question though. What hidden agenda drives the mud slingers?

I hate to go all cold war here but it's getting harder and harder to work out who to trust on this forum. I'll just put it down to tribalism.

Warren -

No stagga was well noted by me. It does beg the question though. What hidden agenda drives the mud slingers?

I hate to go all cold war here but it's getting harder and harder to work out who to trust on this forum. I'll just put it down to tribalism.

Warren -
If you use your powers of observation its not that hard to work out whats going on.Look at the posts and the "tribe" and bingo_Only my opinion.This situation happens quite frequently.I have had dealings with John at G&G and found him to be great bloke to deal with,Honest and reliable. I dont think any of the mud will stick.I dont know what went on in the back ground so I will stay out of that fall out area.
GB

Nah, i'd prefer the forum remains a free and frank exchange of views and opinions.

Unfortunately this concept rarely goes hand in hand with forum sponsorship.

Maybe if we got a lot of people together we could bulk buy our own forum :ph34r:

Gotta go, there's some scary looking blokes in suits and dark sunglasses at the door...

Maybe if we got a lot of people together we could bulk buy our own forum :ph34r:

Gotta go, there's some scary looking blokes in suits and dark sunglasses at the door...

:lol: The final bulk buy frontier!

I'm working on a secret handshake and an initiation ceremony that involves a goat some Kenny G music and a pair of gumboots. :D

Warren -

I appreciate freedom of speech etc, but when those views are ill-founded and potentially damaging to someone's reputation (business or otherwise) it starts getting dangerous.

Bugwan - Well said - I couldn't agree more :) Like Warren, I really do wonder about some peoples agendas these day...a real shame.

Don't forget, it's Danes forum & he invited the sponsors, if it wasn't John, Frank, Mel or myself, it would be someone else...
We are all competing for your business & that's what keeps us on our toes, I really don't understand the constant retailer bashing from certain individuals.

Cheers Ross

Don't forget, it's Danes forum & he invited the sponsors, if it wasn't John, Frank, Mel or myself, it would be someone else...

Indeed, last time I heard, there was a waiting list to sponsor the site.

...I really don't understand the constant retailer bashing from certain individuals.

I believe it is "one size fits all" for some people.

Here in NZ service speaks for itself, that is why there are A LOT of us kiwis buying from AU retailers. They can supply the goods we want and at a good price (even with the exchange rate!).

You have my attention. Tell me more.
:icon_offtopic: Kind off got me going but Im more of a black plastic and soggy cabbage man myself, yet lowering yourself into a bath load of mud crabs does have its appeal.I will have to work on the handshake. ;)
GB

I read somewhere on here that there was a business set up some years ago to counter anti-bulk buy behaviour...

A mate expanded on this the other night saying that we could/should simply set-up a bulk-buy business with lots of AHB'ers involved in the ownership (to spread the costs) and run all the bulk-buys through that...

Said business could be a retailer with next to no overheads...

Personally I'd rather work through existing retailers and the existing bulk buy system, but if the antagonists persist, I might just explore my mates idea a little more.

As they say, if you can't beat em, join em :lol: :lol: :lol:

I read somewhere on here that there was a business set up some years ago to counter anti-bulk buy behaviour...

A mate expanded on this the other night saying that we could/should simply set-up a bulk-buy business with lots of AHB'ers involved in the ownership (to spread the costs) and run all the bulk-buys through that...

Said business could be a retailer with next to no overheads...

Personally I'd rather work through existing retailers and the existing bulk buy system, but if the antagonists persist, I might just explore my mates idea a little more.

As they say, if you can't beat em, join em :lol: :lol: :lol:

If memory serves, Craftbrewer was formed in the wake of a hop bulk buy veto.

some people are very narrow minded in how they see things.

bulk buy is another term used for wholesale or bulk purchase. this is comon business practice. if you dont beleive me. Look at supply businjess that sell in bulk to large organisations. Cambells, Costco etc etc. you buy in bulk and you save money. its normal practice. wholsesale buy is normally sold in large quanitiy to get the money. smaller profit margins but on large quantity. people who dont understand business, ecomnomincas and accoutnign shouldnt comment on things they dont understand.

that being said its a free country so go for it.

I suport my local reatilers ort site sponsors \where possible (which is 99% of the time). But if I can save a decent amount of money somewehre else then i'll go there. if that means organisising a bulk buy or purchase of goods from a wholsesaler for a larger number of people to get the benefit then why the hell shouldnt i? i work bloody hard for my money and im not going to just pay extra for no extra reason.

christ what a ramble. my pain killers are obviously affecfting me and my very poor spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back