March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc said:
I also got the half inch barb for the in side of the pump. For the out side of the pump I'll screw directly on my 1/2"inch valve to control the flowrate.

Beers,
Doc
[post="72847"][/post]​

Ye gods! :blink: $20 for a S/S barb. If you're willing to slum it on brass you can get the same barb from your hardware store for less than 5 bucks.

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Doc said:
I also got the half inch barb for the in side of the pump. For the out side of the pump I'll screw directly on my 1/2"inch valve to control the flowrate.

Beers,
Doc
[post="72847"][/post]​

Ye gods! :blink: $20 for a S/S barb. If you're willing to slum it on brass you can get the same barb from your hardware store for less than 5 bucks.

Warren -
[post="72848"][/post]​

Or only $9 for a ss one from bias boating warehouse.

Borret

Borret said:
warrenlw63 said:

Warren -
[post="72848"][/post]​

Or only $9 for a ss one from bias boating warehouse.

Borret
[post="72850"][/post]​

Or under $6 from Prochem. You need to by a Male BSP to 1/2" tail and 1/2" F-F socket though.

Cheers
Pedro

It was a case of I knew they had one.
The only place close to me (which isn't very close at all) is Prochem and they haven't always had what I want in stock. Also getting to Prochem would involve taking 1/2 a day of work at the moment.
I wasn't going to use brass when I've gone to the expense of making everything else that touches the wort post boil SS.

There I think I've justified the expense to myself now :blink:

Beers,
Doc

Hi brewers,
By now all of you that responded to my PM have my bank details and the deposits are starting to come in.

By the looks of things you cant id yourself when making the payment. Just email me when you have made the payment and it will all add up in the end.

I am still waiting for an email from Trev and Giles Matthews.

Terrific fast response so far.

Lets keep up the good work.

cheers
johnno

PS I'm pretty sure everyone has heard from me by now. If not let me know via here and I'll get on it straight away.

johnno said:
By the looks of things you cant id yourself when making the payment. Just email me when you have made the payment and it will all add up in the end.

I am still waiting for an email from Giles Matthews.

[post="73272"][/post]​
Payments are coming through thick and fast. ID is showing so thats good as its easier for me to keep track off.

Still waiting for a response from Giles.

Giles. Giles. Calling Giles!

johnno

If Giles pulls out, I could be pursuaded to put my hand up to take his spot. I already have one coming from B3, just need a reason for two pumps.

kirem said:
If Giles pulls out, I could be pursuaded to put my hand up to take his spot. I already have one coming from B3, just need a reason for two pumps.
[post="73507"][/post]​
kirem or anyone else that is interested.
I have spoken to Process Pumps and its not too late to get in on the buy if you want to. They have just made an extra large order and are also getting stock for themselves so they will have plenty of stock.
Pm if you are interested.

cheers
johnno

Johnno

I posted a link to this topic on the canberra brewers web page - hopefully some of thos e guys will come on board and at least take up the slack from Giles....

Hope this is OK

I should have posted before thats Giles has contacted me and all is well.
Apologies but I was in a rush.

cheers
johnno

that is good news Johnno.

Still think they should give you a Process Pumps Polo Shirt.

Got to agree with GMK regarding some freebies. Thanks for all of the hard work that you & Doc have done in organising this bulk buy :)

Regards,
Phil

Update on the Pumps.
Spoke to Process Pumps today and it looks like we may have to wait a while.
The word I got was that due to it being such a large order for them the supplier in the States didnt have enough on hand at the moment :blink: and they would have to fire up faster production.
They told me they are expecting the pumps to be shipped from the States around 6th of September to arrive in Australia about a week later.
Then by the time Process pumps gets them and sends them out it may be around the end of next month.
I will call again in about a week to see how its going.

Johnno

It is still a great Fathers Day present for me. I don't mind waiting a few weeks. I was going to wait until the pump arrived for my next brew day but maybe I'll have to squeeze another brewday in before then.

Beers,
Doc

jgriffin said:
Why do i always find these threads after the buy has closed?
[post="73797"][/post]​
jgriffin,
its not too late to get in if you want to.
PM me if you are interested.

johnno

Johnno, I'm in the same boat at JGriff - if it's not too late, put me down for one!

sosman said:
March pumps suck! :ph34r:
[post="73819"][/post]​

actually sos gravity sucks.i use it and its free and unaffected by power cuts. ;)
original brewers use gravity. :D

and you dont have to wait for it to arrive in the mail :rolleyes:

cheers
big d

big d said:
sosman said:
March pumps suck! :ph34r:
[post="73819"][/post]​

actually sos gravity sucks.i use it and its free and unaffected by power cuts.
original brewers use gravity.

and you dont have to wait for it to arrive in the mail :rolleyes:

cheers
big d
[post="74096"][/post]​

Original brewers used a "yeast stick" as well , they stirred the wort with it to introduce the yeast , then put the stick back on a shelf or whatever.
Sometimes it worked sometimes not, they didn't sanitize either.

Suppose what I am saying is move with the times big d , get a March Pump.....you know why :lol:

Batz

Latest posts

Back