March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

I have many different versions of this pump available at a reduced price. I HAVE NO MINIMUM, there is no need to bulk buy. This will be less for you than the $181 AUS that you've been quoted by your local distributor. That ends up being the American list price. Let me give you a short key:
Pump Key:
PL=Plastic
SS= Stainless Steel
BR= Bronze
HS=High Speed
C=Center Port

I can get these pumps in 115 or 230 and am quoting the following as 230. I can use pretty much any combination above and can get 115/230 12 and 24VDC. This makes for a long list so Ill choose the 4 I see the most.

Pricing:
809-BR-HS-230 $124
809-BR-HS-C (w/base) $131
809-PL-HS $109
809-SS-HS-C (w/base) $327

Currency:
Please note that these prices are in $USD I believe a multiplier to get AUS is 1.305 but you can go here for a decent converter http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Shipping:
We find that the post office is the cheapest to ship out of the states. If you prefer UPS you can go to ups.com to get an approximation on cost, our zip code is 06514. However, we find its 2-3 times the price.

To ship via Post Office, at an average of 6lbs, the pumps are $40.00 USD for the first one going airmail with a 7-10 day delivery.
I am using the USPS postal calculator which you can figure shipping for multiple pumps by going to http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.asp?Mode=In...ingle&CID=10013. I choose the 7-10 day method, remember to select package.
You can make payments to me using my paypal account which is [email protected] If you prefer to use a credit card I can do that. All payments must be made in $USD. We ship via post office on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Please direct questions to me at [email protected]

Hi Brewers.
Got a call from Greg at PP today. Reckons the pumps should be here by around next Wednesday.
Fingers crossed.

johnno

Johnno

Any chance of an express delivery - I would be willing to pay a bit extra, who is sending them out ?

Cheers

Green Iguana said:
Johnno

Any chance of an express delivery - I would be willing to pay a bit extra, who is sending them out ?

Cheers
[post="79077"][/post]​

GI,
Process pumps are sending them out.
I will contact them Monday and ask about express delivery.
Will let you know.

johnno

That would be great Johnno. Then we might have them for the long brew weekend (except for Perth as thats this weekend isn't it? ).

Doc

Sounds good, thanks johnno.....

Waiting to install the march in the new two tier before i relaunch the brewing program...

Cheers

johnno said:
Hi Brewers.
Got a call from Greg at PP today. Reckons the pumps should be here by around next Wednesday.
Fingers crossed.

johnno
[post="79074"][/post]​

Any news Johnno ?
Brewing again this weekend. Do I fire up the old IDRA or a new March pump ? :p

Doc

Doc said:
johnno said:
Hi Brewers.
Fingers crossed.

johnno
[post="79074"][/post]​

Any news Johnno ?
Brewing again this weekend. Do I fire up the old IDRA or a new March pump ? :p

Doc
[post="79958"][/post]​

Hi Doc,
Called him yesterday and he said the shipment was in Sydney and they hope to receive it before the end of the week.
He said he would let me know as soon as its here. Still waiting for him though. :(

johnno

No worries. The IDRA gets a final run this weekend, and it looks like I might have an excuse to brew the weekend after :p

Doc

If you need an excuse Doc, i can write you a note :)
even bring it over personally :) Im sure linz & pumpy could also confirm its validity in person ... :)

Greg called this morning and the pumps are finally in Melbourne.
:super:

I am going in tomorrow morning to finalise everything with him so you will all start receiving them next week.

I am picking up a few for the brewers that want to pick them up from me so you can pick them up on the weekend or even tomorrow arvo / night.

cheers
johnno

Fantastic.
Make sure he sends out the brackets too Johnno.
Top work.

Beers,
Doc

Are they open Saturday morning Johnno? I'm thinking about heading out to The Brewer's Den on Saturday to gather some malts/hops and killing 2 birds with one stone would be good. Otherwise, I'll have to collect it from you.

NRB said:
Are they open Saturday morning Johnno?
[post="80172"][/post]​

From memory I dont hink so NRB. But will check again when there tomorrow.
Will let you know.

johnno

Bulk buys are a HOOT !!

Hey? Johnno? :blink: :huh:

Batz :ph34r:

Batz said:
Bulk buys are a HOOT !!

Hey? Johnno? :blink: :huh:

Batz :ph34r:
[post="80190"][/post]​

Too right Batz.

At least I have done my AHB duty and overseen one. :p

And it wont be over till everbody receives theirs.

cheers
johnno

OK.
Went and finalised the purchase with Greg. Hopefully everone will receive theirs by next week.
Only one small hiccup.
When I opened mine I noticed there is only a lead and no 3 pin plug.

Not too big a deal but I was under the impression that they would be plug and play.
I rang Greg and he explained thats the way they come as its too much mucking about to get them done overseas.

All well and good but for someone with my limited sparky skills its still a challenge.

Can anyone suggest how to wire this thing up once I get a 3 pin plug?

Johnno

pump.JPG

You can get the plugs from Electrical shops, and there is instructions in there, as to where your active and neutral go (and earth) I did it myself, but i do that at work all the time so its easy. If if doubt then dont do it, maybe the guys at Middy's (http://www.middys.com.au) might??? do it for you.... not sure (if they aint busy and you are nice :) )

however that said its not hard. stay safe

Yer you can grab the plugs from any bunnings store as well. Mine was like that from the US. Most important thing is it to make sure the earth wire (green/yellow) is connected to the earth terminal on the plug (which is the one that would normally point down when you plug it in). Apart from that not too hard.

As usual if you are worried get an electricain to do it.

Back